The Search Back

Dedicated to secretliarsxoxo.

Salman's POV:
*It's a bit confusing so let me explain. Salman's father was a banker. They lived in Islamabad. He was accused of murder of a fellow person and stealing from bank. He died in tension and salman's mother went into shock afterwards. He is back to find the person who framed his father of murder and stealing *
The past few days passed in a blur. I and sherry became close and I started liking that boy. It was hard but after a few chocolates and candies he slipped like every other child. I went to meet Arslan, a friend of mine from army, to discuss some details about our investigation. I told him to meet the family of Mr.Nadeem who was murdered during the bank robbery to find any clue and I will go and meet the bank manager. We went on our own separate ways. I went to the bank many people there were still old workers but nobody there knew me or at least can not recognize me with this look. I gave an application form to open an account in the bank and went to meet the manager. We talked for a while and I started him bringing towards the topic of mine interest to get some information, "I heard that there was a bank robbery here 10 years ago. Is that true?", I asked him. "Yes Mr. Salman but it was a long time ago. Our bank is completely safe now.","But what exactly happened", I tried to gather some more information. "Well Mr. Slaman our code keeper, the person who has all the pin codes of different safes stored in his computer tried to steel 5lakh ruppes from safe 912. But he being an idiot left his finger prints on the key pade of the safe. The police caught him afterwards but he died before telling where the money was hidden. His family left the city afterwards and I think they took the money with them after all stealing was in the blood", I don't know how I controlled my anger. I mentally killed the person sitting in front of me in the most cruelest way I knew.If we had 5 lakh with us my mother would have not been in an hospital's ICU and I would not have worked as waiter, mechanic and other pity jobs to get food for two times. I thanked him and took the cheque book and other papers with me. I met Arslan in a cafe and we had lunch together. He told me that Mr. Nadeem was shot twice from the front, one in shoulder and the other one in the left lung nearly missing the heart. He told me that he had used some of his contacts and tomorrow we will go and see the case file and evidences. I thanked him and went back to sit in my car. I checked my watch and it was 6 P.M already so I drived randomly thinking about the past, my past. At near seven I reached the same street where my childhood was hidden. I just wanted to go out and run towards that door who still had the same lock which my mother put it there silently weeping in the dead of night when this city told us that we are not needed here any more. There were many holes in the door now and the wall was also having a lot of cracks like an old person who has stored too much pain within himself. I remember everybody laughing, me, my friends and everything seemed happy. I remembered the sound of the horn of father's bike which told us about his arrival. I remembered falling from bicycle for the first time near that old tree of bargad when my father was teaching me. I remembered the bike races wich we used to held after school. I remembered everything as if...... as if it was just yesterday. My breathing became hard inside the car so I opened the door and went outside. I rested with the driver's side door such that my back was resting against the door. It was raining lightly and I removed my shades which I was wearing so that nobody could see the tears developing in my eyes. It became my habbit to cry when I am alone. The rain drops were soaking my clothes along with my tears. I heard some one talking in my head "jab khub rona ho or ansu bhee chupany hon to barish main ro lya karo", I saw a figure of a girl entering the street with an umbrella in hand. She didn't recognized me but I recognized her instantly. Alina hasn't changed a little bit. She achieved her dream of becoming a teacher. She didn't knew but I kept on gathering information about her and her family. I think she was coming back from teaching his evening classes in the college. She was about to enter her home and my heart was drowning again when for a second she looked towards me and that one second was as if time stopped, her eyes were same of light gray color, the color of the clouds before rain, those eyes were same like always deep like sea. She turned her head and went inside leaving me thinking. She was my love of life and love for life.........

Chand lamhat ky wasty he saheh, muskara lar mili thii mughy zindagi, main ny jis din kahi pyar ko bat thee, ruk gai thee achanak wo behti nadi - Beety Lamhy