One

The school bell had rung before Camila knew it. All she did during class was ponder about her future and how she would pay her bills as an adult.

Before everyone could get out of class, Mrs. Spears, the science teacher, interrupted.

"Settle down settle down everyone!" she implied. The whole class groaned.

Camila twitched from annoyance when she glanced at her number one enemy, Lauren Jauregui, or should she say, "Whoregui".

Camila hated her since 8th grade. The reason? She told everyone her deepest darkest secret. They were so close, but it was all ruined. She not only once- but multiple times- tried to apologize but Camila refused to even acknowledge her presence.

Camila shrugged off the memories and payed attention to Mrs. Spears. "You all know the project I assigned you all right?" Once again, the class groaned. One groan stood out though. Dinah Jane, Camila's best friend. Her groan was so special Camila really didn't know why.

The project was about creating a video on the five senses and how they work. Camila thought it was so cheesy.

"Looks like you do! Now, I changed plans!"

"..what?" Camila said under her breath. Every time Mrs. Spears changed plans, it always ended up bad. "You now can have partners!" Mrs. Spears clapped excitedly while most of the students groaned again. Camila noticed everyone was picking partners so she was about to make her way to Dinah Jane who signaled her.

"Ah ah ah," said Mrs. Spears whilst shaking her index finger left and right. "I have assigned your partners!" Camila sighed softly to the fact that Mrs. Spears emphasized I.

Meanwhile, Lauren was hoping she'd be with her best friend Beatrice Miller, AKA "Bea". Bea was such a little sunshine. So happy and dorky all the time. Perfect as a friend for Lauren.

Lauren just remembered she told all of Camila's secrets unintentionally to Bea. That's why Camila hated both. Lauren thought if Camila was to ever be her partner she'd quit school.

Mrs. Spears looked down to her paper and read the names of the partners. "Dinah Jane, you go with Aaron." Dinah sighed in relief for some reason.

"Beatrice, you go with Carly."
And so on.

Camila had two other best friends but they weren't in her Science class. Their names are Allyson, nicknamed Ally, and Normani, nicknamed Mani. She didn't know what to do without Normani, Ally, or Dinah Jane. They were family to Camila.

"Jenna you go with Carl."
"Emma you go with Brooke"
"Daniel, you're partners with Angela."

There were four people left, Camila, Lauren, some kid named Jackson in which Camila hoped would be a good kind of partner, and Sarah.

"Sarah, go with Lauren." Lauren sighed in relief and paced normally towards Sarah. "Oh wait.. Lauren, your partner is Camila."

Camila and Lauren's eyes widened. "Wh- " , before any of the girls would say something, Mrs. Spears interrupted. "No changes whatsoever."

"But you always change your mind!"

Everyone gasped at this sudden interruption. The reason why they gasped is because the most shy, quiet, and insecure girl named Demetria Lovato, had the guts to talk back.

"Excuse m-" Mrs. Spears was interrupted.
"YOU HEARD ME." Demetria yelled.

Everyone laughed at the look of humiliation on Mrs. Spears face.

"Demetria! Detention for you this whole week!"

Demetria, also called Demi, groaned. Dinah Jane quietly made her way to Demi and high fived her.
Camila laughed softly at the daring Dinah.

Mrs. Spears quickly picked up where she last left off. "Lauren and Camila, you two are partners. Sarah and Jackson, you are together as well."

"Fuck." said Camila under her breath.
"Shit." said Lauren as well.