Chapter 16

Yes, it has been longer than months. But I have a good reason to it.

See, I'm not in Matt's lane anymore. I'm a Gilinsky girl and I just didn't feel this book, I swear on Jack Gilinskys life I'm gonna try to start updating regularly. I promise!

This is just a filler chapter, MUCH DRAMA COMING FOR THE REST OF THE BOOK!!!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••

My eyes fluttered open and my first sight was a white ceiling. I tried to move but couldn't, wires and needles were hooked in me. I heard the familiar beep sound of a heart monitor, what's going on?

I looked down and realized I was at a hospital, I heard gasps and looked to my left to see Shia and the Jacks and Nash, Cam, Nate, and Sammy. Where's Matt?

"What's going on?" My voice barely audible.

"I'll get the doctor." Shia ran out and I was bombarded with questions. Such as "are you okay?" "What do you remember?" And "how are you feeling?"

"Guys, what happened?" I asked.

"Aurora, you've been in a coma for the passed four months." Cameron said, his eyebrows pulled together, as were mine as I tried to comprehend what he just said. Then it hit me.

I never saw Natty. Matthew did lie. We all live in LA, I have an apartment with Jack. Johnson's dating Mahogany, and Shia and Nash broke up. My entire coma was just one big dream.

I felt tears form in my eyes at everything that has happened. Suddenly the doctor came in, explaining everything that happened. I was at the pier and fell into the water, hitting my head against a rock. They had me on life support for two of the four months I've been in a coma.

This was absolutely unbelievable. I couldn't wrap my head around it. I clenched my fist but felt something on my finger. I picked my hand up and looked at my ring finger, there sat a very expensive engagement ring. I'm engaged to Jack.

"Baby, are you alright?" Jack asked as he held the hand the ring sat on.

"Yeah, I'm fine Jack." I said, starting to feel a little light headed.

"Well you'll be home soon, just a few more days and I get to wake up next to you again." He smiled as he kissed the back of my hand. I smiled at him and I put my finger under his chin. He took the hint and pulled forward, attaching my lips to his. This actually felt right, my dream of Matt was just a way of figuring things out. He just isn't right for me, he's too toxic and he'll never stop being some dramatic highschool bad boy.

_____

As I stepped downstairs in nothing but one of Jacks large t-shirts and lace undergarments, I tried to remember more. I remember how in love me and Jack are, and how Shia is dating a boy named Myles, and how Cam finally admitted he was gay. The reason Nash and Shia broke up is because he couldn't hide it anymore, Cameron and Nash were in love. I smiled just thinking about it.

I walked into the kitchen finding a shirtless Jack with his back to me as he roasted some coffee. He's so sweet. I just leaned over the island table and stared at his back muscles and listened to his voice as he sang. He finally turned around, his eyes darted to me as he smiled. I mimicked his actions as I spoke.

"Well good morning to you too." I chuckled.

"Wassup baby girl." He walked over and pecked my lips. We've had an eventful week, considering we've been apart for months. He wrapped his strong arms around me from behind as we swayed to his voice. The coffee dinged and he went and made both of us cups. I took it happily and my eyes rolled to the back of my head in pleasure from just the sweet smell.

"You're fuckin ridiculous." Jack laughed.

"Oh shut it." I giggled. I sat on the couch next to Jack and he wrapped his free arm around me as we watched a horror movie. I barely payed attention to it, a thought was nagging at the back of my brain.

What did that long ass dream of Matt mean? Am I truly in love with Jack? I can feel my love for him. I can feel it in my bones but also, I can't get Matthew out of my head. I know I'll always love the man I knew. But that's the thing, it was all a lie.

I thought he's what makes the sun shine, but he's honestly not. He's what makes my eyes tear and my chest hurt. He's the thoughts in my head that rip me apart and, my god, I know I love him but he's killing me. Besides, one day I know he'll come home with a bruise on his neck with that smell of my favorite perfume. And when I kiss him I'll taste vanilla with a hint of spearmint even though my favorite lip balm is cherry and he knows I hate spearmint and even though I try to cover my eyes to block out all the signs, even a blind man could see once that time comes, he's no longer mine.

With Jack, I know he'll be true and loyal. He's the one, I wouldn't have said yes if he wasn't. I looked at the beautiful, yellow diamond ring on my finger. I remember the day after he asked me to marry him I asked how much he bought it for. He wouldn't give in but I juiced it out of him and I was so mad. I demanded him to return it but he refused, I love him so much. I love them so much, but Jack, he's the one I belong with. Right?

_______

Me and Jack just came back from a date, it was pretty fun. We went out to eat then he took me to a beach where he had this white sheet hung between two wooden poles and he used a projector and played a movie off of it. He's so amazing, I couldn't stop staring at his beauty. When I awoke from the coma, I realized he died his hair. The top layer of his head was bleached blonde and Sammy's hair was a snowy blonde completely.

Nash's blonde streak had left but his hair was still long, I liked it. Him and Cam were holding hands, I practically had heart eyes when I found out they were gay for one another.

I sat at the edge of the pool in our backyard. My friend all surrounding me, I thought it was funny to hang out with friend right after a date with your fiancé, and even funnier that they wanted to go swimming at 1 o'clock in the morning. Obviously I went anyway. My hair was still that long ombré, I never died it black thankfully. I dipped my legs into the pool as all my friends jumped in, I got splashed a little causing me into a fit of laughter.

They all played with one another in the pool. "How you been?" Sammy asked as he swam to me, his wet arms resting on my lap.

"Better." I chuckled. "How about you Samuel?" He cringed at his name but stifled a laugh.

"Same old same old, gettin sluts and smokin weed." He replied.

"Yeah, definitely same old Sam." I shook my head playfully.

"I'm glad your back ma." He smiled.

"As am I." I scrunched my nose and ruffled is wet hair. We laughed then suddenly he pulled me in. I gasped as I shot up and splashed him. "A warning would have been nice."

"True, but I ain't nice." He laughed and he ducked under water. Suddenly I rose out of the water, feeling hands around me thighs and a head between my legs. Jack had me on his shoulders and to keep my balance I intertwined our fingers. Shia got on Sam and we started playing chicken. I went down twice and she went down three times. Overall we had a nice time together. We ate pizza and drank vodka. I took a few draws of the hookah Sam got me for my last birthday.

Soon we all went inside and they all slept in the living room while I slept in my bed with Jack. Johnson was talking about how worried Jack was and how much he cried, it tore me apart. I rested my arms around Jack's bare waist and put my head against his chest. I closed my eyes and slowly drifted into a comfortable sleep.

••••••••••••••••••••••••

My plot twists are crazy!

Back to regular updating schedule....

Vote, Comment, Follow me!