Just A Normal Day...Kind of

Hey guys, bear with me. This is my first story so I don't really have a system to this. I will try to make this a great story. Also ideas are welcome to help improve the story, and make it more relatable.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Cinder's POV)

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.....................CRASH

The sound of my alarm clock every morning makes me just want to smash it. And this time I followed through with it.

It was 7:00 am. Gotta get ready for school I guess. Yay (sarcasm.)

I took of my blanket, and I picked up the clock, that was now broken, off the floor. Now I have to buy a new one with the money I don't have....Whatever....

I go to the bathroom and take a quick shower so I don't look like a complete mess when I go to school. I get out 10 minutes later. With the towel wrapped around my body, I walk back to my small, but open room. I look at my sparse closet, and pick out some split leg black and red skinny jeans and a black and white Blink-182 tshirt. I then pick up my black converse, that have been worn down to where you can see my yellow socks through the hole in the side. I walk back to the bathroom. Looking in the mirror. I see my pale, but freckled face, and my straight jet black hair with green strips weaving throughout it. I swipe on some black eyeliner and some mascara.

I walk to the kitchen, and I see that it is 7:25. I have some time for a light breakfast. My mom walks in as I am taking two pieces of toast out of the toaster and beginning to put butter on them.

"Morning honey."

"Morning mom."

"I just want you to know that I'm have a meeting at my school with some parents, so I'll be home late."

My mother is a single mom who teaches english at Lincoln High School, which is on the other side of the town we live in, which is Oakland, California.

"Okay," I say finishing my first piece of toast. Mom walks back to her bedroom to get ready for her school day.

Because she works at a different school than I go to, I walk to school. I don't mind it. Walking to school just gives me time to think and helps me relax.

I eat the rest of my toast, and put my dish in the sink. I pick up my backpack and the house keys.

"Bye mom!" I yelled while exiting the house. I close the door and walk down Jane Street. My school, Oakland High School, is just a 20 minute walk. I put my earbuds in, and I press play on my mix that my sister gave to me a few years ago. My sister, Cress, is at college in Maine, so I don't get to see her that much. Maybe once or twice a year. The mix just gives me something to hold onto of her.

I walk up the steps of Oakland High, and my best friend, Asher, comes running up to me and gives me the biggest bear hug. I hit him on the shoulder, him knowing I don't like hugging.

"Jesus, I just missed you"

"I know, but I have rules on people hugging me. I told you I don't like being hugged so tight I can't breathe"

"Ugh, you're no fun"

I smirk at him, and put my arm into his, and we walk to my locker. I put my shit away, and we walk to the courtyard, where the rest of my friends were sitting.

Beckett, Asher's Girlfriend, looks up at me. She pats her hand on the spot next to her, so I sit down. Asher sits right behind Beckett, hugging her from behind. The rest of my friends, Delilah, Oliver (we call him O), and Ryder, were sitting in a semi circle facing Asher, Beckett, and I.