A life worth dying for: book 1: Life sucks!

Dear Renesmee Carlie Cullen

My niece, strictly Speaking my second niece, but the one I know and love. The only one of my extensive family not to have heard my lies.

The lies I wish I had never told but now I have told them I cannot take them back. A lesson for you, don’t tell lies, not even white ones.

This book is part of a collection that I have, a collection of things that I don’t know their purpose until I’ve found it. I see them in my own special way and I collect them. Your mothers wedding dress was one of those things.

I found it in a odds and ends shop in Europe about 30 years ago, maybe more.

I only realize now that this is its purpose. It was bought for my story to be remembered, for it to be retold and retold properly. No lies, I promise. You will learn everything there is to know, many of these things your Uncle Jasper doesn’t even know. Things that you’re Father doesn’t know, which is very little. Some of this book is upsetting to write and there are some things I do not tell because of that. I know I can trust you so this is yours; my life really is in your hands. I know you will have this by your 1st birthday so happy birthday and I hope you enjoy it.

Love from your Aunty Alice

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Volume one

Life Sucks

Pain the first thought I remembered. The pain that burned my throat, the fire that burned; hard continuous. The unendurable pain. It was impossible to swallow. It hurt so much, I could barely breathe.

I realized I couldn’t breathe, I wasn’t breathing, was I dead? Was this heaven? No it couldn’t be I didn’t believe this could be real but I wasn’t entirely sure, I wasn’t sure of anything at all. What if I was dead could I had died. When did I die. I couldn’t remember dying but then if I had been re-born I wouldn’t remember.

All I could think of was the implausible thirst, like I hadn’t drank anything for a long time. I had to drink something. Maybe this was why I couldn’t remember what happened, I could have passed out from the thirst.

I looked around myself. The room was dark, very dark and yet it was still too bright for my eyes it was as if they had never seen light before.

The floor was made of a rough pungent smelling rotten wood.

I tried to move, my body felt strange, achy but also very full of life. My hair stuck in a thick mat on the back of my neck and into the edge of my collar. I tried to flick it out with no luck.

I didn’t know where I was. I had no memories of the entire part of why I was here at all. Of who I was.

Panic piled up inside me, I couldn’t remember my own name, and my own identity was lost.

The first things a child learns, no matter what species, our kind, yours .We always learn who we are long before we can even say it. I didn’t know who I was. I was lost, deep in my mind was my own identity but I didn’t know it. I could have been anyone, I could be the last living member of Atlanta’s Royalty.

I tried to search through my head. Then an image appeared in front of my eyes. An image I hadn’t expected to see, not while I was looking for my real self. I saw a man, a boy really but he looked older than most his age. He had the most beautiful snowy skin I had ever seen. It was unnaturally pale. He had the lightest fluffy, honey hair, the color of a chick’s feathers. He had a strong jaw. Then there were his eyes. They were not what you would call a normal eyes color. Not the sort of thing that lived outside of horror films. They were scarlet the color of congealed blood. They were, what I thought of them would surprise any one. They were almost attractive. The impossible irises were very inviting. For the first time I saw the rest of his imperfection. His neck jaw and a good portion of his face. He was ravaged in small marks, no they weren’t just marks. When I looked closer I could see that each mark was part of a sequence. Each mark made up a crescent shape and a good inch or so apart . It took me a moment to realize they were bites. He was covered in more bites than I’d have believed was possible. My vision ended there I came back to the dingy place I’d began. At least I now had something I understood.