Chapter 29: That Slightly Important Chapter, As Well As The Sucky One

*Halsey's POV*

Today was Christmas Eve.

My parents will be home tomorrow morning. Their currently on their flight back here.

I'm home staring at the ceiling on my bed. I haven't talked to Ryan ever since he visited me the day after the party. I made it pretty clear that I didn't want to see him anymore. He probably doesn't wanna see me either.

That's okay.

He'll move on to that girl Jac. And I'll move onto someone, I still don't know. I might not move onto another relationship but onto another boy. I'll start liking another boy soon.

**

Z tried to talk to me today. She said she wanted me to meet her sister Jac, but I refused. I didn't want to meet my ex's next girlfriend. No. That's too weird. Very awkward. But maybe they weren't together.

Maybe Z was teasing me. Does she want me to feel hurt?

I shrugged it off and focused on my driving. I was going to the mall just to simply walk around. I don't like staying home alone. I was meeting with Brendon too. He said he didn't mind coming out.

Once I got to the mall, I met Brendon by the front door.

He told me about how his parents left him alone for Christmas. They were currently on a cruise. I told him how my parents will be home tomorrow morning. We circled the mall once already.

**

Circling the mall was starting to get a little boring, but I just wanted time to pass. Brendon and I entered a store, which someone terrible happened to be in.

" Oh, it's emo and Brendon," Audrey scoffed. She was with her group of friends.

" Don't even start," I sighed. Not today. I don't want to deal with her bullshit, again. No.

" Too bad, bitch. Let's start off with your fucking hair. What's wrong with it? Why blue? Your face already looks blue on a daily basis, so why your hair?" She giggled.

" Fuck you."

" I'm not lesbian."

" Of course you'd take the immature way. Sluts like you shouldn't even be bothering me. Your future rests in the hands of the people you fuck."

" Do you wanna fight bitch? I will fight you. I don't give a shit. I was kicked out many times from this mall already, I'm not afraid to get kicked out again." I looked at Brendon who was glaring at Audrey's friends. They stood beside her.

" You're not worth the fight. But sometimes, you can't take the kid out of the fight, so if you wanna throw a punch, do it," I challenged. She scoffed at me and shook her head. She grabbed her friends and exited the store.

*Ryan's POV*

Jac was asleep with her head on my lap. I was watching TV. Z was in her room on her laptop doing who knows what. I focused on Jac, trying to captivate her beauty. She is beautiful. But not as beautiful as Halsey. She had nearly white blonde hair. Her skin was clear. She had dimples. She's more of a cutie than a beauty.

She'd talk in her sleep sometimes. Z allowed her to sleep with me. She knows how much I want to move on. But I'm surprised she trusts me with what I do to Jac. I don't do much, more of what I could do.

Halsey. I miss Halsey so much. It hasn't even been that long since I've seen her. Just a couple of days. I miss her voice. I miss her presence, even if she didn't want me there. I miss her blue hair. I miss her lips on mine. God, I haven't felt her lips in so long. I-

" Ryan?" I looked down at Jac who was staring up at me. " What are you thinking about?"

My ex-girlfriend. " I'm thinking about the reaction you'll have when you see my gift. And kind of how you're awake," I chuckled. " I hope I didn't wake you."

" No no, of course not." She sat up and rubbed her eyes. " Oh and your lap is really comfortable. So I guess I just had enough sleep."

" Mmm."

" What did you get me? For Christmas?"

" You'll just have to find out tomorrow morning."

" Okay."

**

Jac and Z went to get some coffee from Starbucks.

I was alone in the apartment thinking about Halsey. My mind is always on her. I wish my mind would be on Jac for once. I need to move on. Jac seems to like me. She hasn't admitted it, but I feel like she does.

But Halsey.. Why do I miss her so much? Why do I love her so much?

*Halsey's POV*

" Halsey, I think you need to calm down!" Brendon said rushing over to me, taking the box of dye out of my hand. But I quickly grabbed it back.

" Hell no! You people want me to be normal, right? I'll give you normal! If that makes everyone stop fucking hating me!" I yelled, running into my bathroom. I turned on the sink and began doing something I never wanted to do again...