Chapter 2

During that night Kelly's parents got a smell of smoke, and got up immediently to check it out. Kelly awoke to the smell and wet to wake up joey, her parents rushed in and told her to come hurry. Kelly took a few clothes, after her parents went out to the car ready to drive off. Kelly could see a bit out the window and seen her parents drive off, she ran out after them to stop them. Her parents drove out of the driveway as headed down the road, once Kelly got outside and seen they were gone she felt herself about to cry. Her patents were talking in the car and hoping that their daughter got out, and headed down the road before they noticed. Kelly couldn't stop herself from crying, shortly after the fire department came. After the fire was put out, the firefighters went over to Kelly to ask her what happened? Kelly through tears said 'I don't know, my family and I were all asleep and I woke up to the smell of smoke!' The firefighters Asked her about Her family and where were they? Again through tears said 'They drove off!' The firefighters were shocked, they asked everybody would someone be able to watch after the little girl while they got the police to find her parents. After 5 minutes a woman said as would mind her until they found her parents, the firefighters told Kelly that this woman would be looking after her until the police found her parents. Kelly went with the woman back to her house, the woman told Kelly that she was her Aunty, Kelly was shocked! Kelly ran over and hugged her and started crying again. That night Kelly and her aunt watched a funny movie before bed, during the movie Kelly fell fast asleep. Her aunt carried her to bed, then she went to call Kelly's parents to ask where they were? Her parents told her 'We didn't know she was still there, we thought she ran down the road to a neighbours house for safety. Kelly's aunt told her parents 'She is here with me terrified, you have to come over here and get her, now!' Kelly's parents said they were on their way, they said thy would be there first thing in the morning. The next morning Kelly got up, and met her aunt in the kitchen. Kelly asked her aunt for her name, her aunt replied to Kelly's question with 'My name is Lorraine' Kelly asked her aunt Lorraine 'Do you know when my parents are coming back, or are they safe' Lorraine looked at her terrified little niece and told her 'They should be here any minute now, dear' Kelly turned to look out the window, then her aunt turned on the telly for her. while Kelly watched telly, her aunt made breakfast for the two of them, while they waited for Kelly's parents to arrive. After 1 hour Kelly's parents finally arrived, Kelly went back into her bedroom to get her stuff she managed to snatch from her now burned down house. Her aunt Lorraine answered the door and gave Kelly's parents a dirty look, then she invited them in. Lorraine looked at her sister Laura and gave out to her saying 'Look you better not let this happen again, your daughter was terrified, everyone thought her parents died in that house fire!' Kelly's mother Laura looked at her husband luke and apologised to her sister Lorraine. Kelly listen from her bedroom and decided not to go out just yet, so she waited until her aunt Lorraine and parents Laura and Luke to calm down and stop giving out to each other. A short while later her parents and aunt calm down, and Kelly's aunt Lorraine then made tea and sat down to have a talk. Soon after Kelly came out, and as soon as she seen her parents she started crying and went over to her aunt Lorraine. Both her parents looked at each other, and her mother Laura finally said 'Look baby we're really sorry, we thought you ran down the road to a neighbours house' Kelly looked up at her aunt, wiped her tears, then she went over and hugged both her parents. After a few hours kelly, her parents and joey went home. When they got home Laura and Luke tried to make it up to their daughter Kelly by playing family games. After 4 hours of family games, Kelly was really tired. At 8:30pm Kelly, her parents and little brother joey watched a movie. Kelly's father luke made popcorn, and her mother got the drinks ready. While her parents were doing that, Kelly set up the movie and her brother got the blankets. When everything was ready, they sat down and watched the movie. The movie they decided to watch was called 'The Lion King'. When the movie was finished it was really late, joey and Kelly had fallen asleep just before the movie ended, so their parents carried them to bed, then they went to bed themselves.
The next morning Kelly's father Luke had to go to work, and joey had started play school so her father brought him with him. Kelly's mother Laura told her that they were going into town, so Kelly got ready, got her breakfast and went into town with her mother. While in town Kelly saw really nice clothes and shoes to go perfect with it, her mother seen her eyeing them and she told Kelly to wait on the seat while she went into the shop and got Kelly the clothes and shoes she liked. When she came out of that shop, she went with Kelly to get groceries and stuff for the dinner. when se had all the groceries she needed, they were heading out when Kelly said 'Look mam, there's a toy for joey over there!' Laura went over, gave the money to Kelly and told her she could buy it for joey. When Kelly bought the toy, her and her mother went home. When they arrived home, Kelly's. Mother Laura put on the dinner, then shortly after Kelly's father Luke an her brother joey were home. For dinner Laura made chicken, potatoes and vegetables. After dinner Kelly gave joey his new toy, Kelly and joey played with it while their parents were watching the news on telly. At 9:30pm Laura put joey and Kelly to bed, and Luke read them a story. When joey and Kelly were asleep, her parents watched telly for awhile. At 11:30pm Kelly's parents Laura and Luke decided to go to bed.