Chapter 4: We Were Invited to What?!

Chapter 4:

Elyssa's POV:

The week passed by and nothing exciting had happened. It was the same old, same old. My dreams of Calum and I becoming friends for real have started to fade away since I've come to a realization that just won't happen.

Mikey, Ashton and I have become the three musketeers, Mikey and Ashton just instantly bonded over their similar tastes in music. They were inseparable, well we all were actually. I'm still not exactly sure how or why Ashton stayed in our little group and tolerated us still. He could easily fit in with the popular crew, but yet he sticks with us, who were practically invisible. I suppose it's just because he's as weird as us. I'm not sure but I've really enjoyed having the curly-headed lad with us, Mikey has as well.

It is currently about 15 minutes until the final bell on a Friday and everyone in this class is currently sitting in their seats as if they have ants in their pants. Which I mean, includes me as well, I can't wait to get out of here. I had Ashton to my right of me, we both made annoyed looks at each other and communicated through a number of sighs. Mikey was in another class, sadly the only class all three of us had together was English.

The clock ticked for what felt like forever and then we were finally free! The hall became a dangerous and crowded place, especially it being a Friday. Ash and I managed to navigate our way to our lockers and met with an excited Mikey.

"What's with you? I haven't seen you this excited since you got a new Pokemon game."

"Ignoring that end bit, but we got invited to a party tonight," He has a huge grin on his face, so I knew he wasn't lying. I wasn't sure how I felt about it, I'm not much of a party person as if that wasn't obvious already. I blankly stared at him and made a 'so?' face. "Why aren't you excited, you should be excited!"

"Mikey you know I'm not a huge fan of parties.. Besides I don't even know who's party it is and I suck a socializing." I let out a sigh, I knew I was gonna be dragged to this party just by the look on his face. There was no point in fighting it.

"Oh c'mon E, you need to have fun and let loose! School is stressing you out too much!" Ash nudged my shoulder, he obviously wanted to go as well, ugh.

"Yeah and you didn't let me finish, it's Luke Hemmings' party." My heart leaped at the sound of that, Calum would obviously be there, looking fine as hell. (As usual)

"Well why didn't you start with that? Let's go home so I can get ready!" I started exchanging all my textbooks from my bag to my locker and vise versa and stopped in realization, "Hold on a second, how the hell did we, of all people, get invited to Luke Hemmings' party?!"

Mikey took a breath and sighed, "What if I told you Luke and I have had guitar together and have started being friends sorta kinda? He's a really chill dude and he's got some skill when it comes to the guitar." My mouth dropped and I just stared at him.

"Why didn't you tell me?! You do realize that's Calum's best friend right?!"

"It never came up! I forgot to tell you, sowwyyyy. I mean we're going to a party Calum's gonna be at, aren't you happy?" I simply sighed and agreed, I get to see Calum, I guess that's all that mattered.

"Thanks Mikey, you're the best! Ash, you in?"

"Of course, I'm always ready for a party!"

---

Ash drove Mikey and I to my house so I could get ready, it was currently 3:30pm and the party started at 9:00pm. Mikey just sat on my couch eating our entire kitchen and watching netflix while I got ready since it didn't take him long to get ready.

Okay, I need to calm myself, it's just a party no big deal.. Pacing back and forth, I was irritated at myself for not being able to find anything to wear to this damn party. "Mikey!" I shouted down the hall to the living room.

"What do you want woman?! I'm watching breaking bad!"

" I have nothing to wear!"

"No idea why you're telling me I can't give you fashion advice!" I rolled my eyes at his expected response and searched my closet again.

After about an hour and a half, I had finally picked an outfit. I had decided on a black Blink 182 tshirt with a red flannel, ripped black skinny jeans and some combat boots. Yeah it was simple, but I felt confident enough.

Mikey continued to binge watch breaking bad on netflix while I took a shower, and dried my hair. I threw some sweats and a baggy tshirt on and walked into the living room.

"So what are you planning on wearing, princess?" Mikey rolled his eyes and sighed.

"Well, Elly, I was just gonna wear a band shirt, a leather jacket and skinny jeans, why?"

"Just needed to make sure you don't go there looking homeless, that's all." Mikey just flipped the bird at me and continued his breaking bad marathon.

---

After finally finished getting ready, I'd have to say I looked pretty good. I had just retouched my makeup, adding some eyeshadow, and curled my hair. It was simple but I looked good.

Ash picked Mikey and I up again, wearing a simple black button up, black skinny jeans and boots. He cleaned up well. Michael changed into a flannel and skinnies. We all looked good.

It was about 9:17pm and we plugged Luke's address into the GPS on my phone and we were ready to go.

It was a short 10 minute drive. Luke's house was huge, which was expected of course. As soon as we stepped out of the car you could hear the music and the wild crowd already.  My palms grew sweaty as we approached the door, I was extremely nervous. To my surprise Luke answered the door right after we knocked.

"Oh hey nice to see you man, you and your friends can come in. Enjoy yourselves tonight." He gave us a quick nod and a smile, then was off and got swallowed by the massive crowd on the dance floor. Wow he knew how to throw a party.

I glanced around the room and saw a giant crowd of drunk teenagers dancing and grinding amongst each other. I felt sooo out of my element.

I took a deep breath, and thought, man this is gonna be one hell of a night.

~~~~
HI HEY HELLO I AM ALIVE SORRY YEAH IDK IF ANYONES EVEN READING STILL
BUT YEAH
ENJOY