So I Head out down a Route

A/N: This chapter may be a bit confusing, but don't worry: it's supposed to be. Enjoy! ^^

I was lying on the roof of the Graveyard, looking up at the night sky. You could actually see a lot of the stars, which was a feat with all the city lights that usually outshone them. It was a beautiful night.

Then why are you lying here doing nothing? I thought. Go out for a night on the town! Live a little! None of the other gangs are causing any trouble. Just relax, it's a beautiful night!

I sat up and stretched before standing.

Ever since I joined the Skeleton Clique, I've been a bit secluded from society. Which was my own fault, of course, but it's nice to go out into town and pretend you're a normal, law-abiding citizen. You forget all the horrible things you've done.

I decided to slip away from the Graveyard and go out.

I left the roof and went down the stairs as quietly as I could. I rolled my eyes when I heard Dry Bones's booming voice weave ridiculous fabrications that always captivated the other Clique members as I reached the third floor.

I was just about to go out the door when, "Where are you going?" A familiar voice says behind me.

"Out." I replied.

"You don't want to hear about the time Dry Bones was hit by a car twice in LA and lived?"

"Why would I care about that? Besides, it's a beautiful night. Why stay here and listen to Dry Bones's tall tales?"

"If you say so. Stay safe."

"I will."

~

I walked down the streets of Columbus, Ohio, looking for a bit of fun.

I came across a bar. A sign proclaimed that someone would be performing there tonight... a Tyler Joseph...

Might as well.

I walked inside.

The performer-at least I assumed he was the performer-was on stage, getting everything ready.

I went ahead and got a few shots before the show started.

"All right, everyone, please welcome to the stage, Tyler Joseph!"

I turned in my seat and applauded along with everyone else.

The performer-Tyler, I guess-stepped up in front of the microphone.

He was about average height, short brown hair, tannish skin. He was slumping a bit, as if he wanted to shrink or just plain disappear.

Wait... I've seen this guy before...

"Hi everyone," Tyler greeted.

That voice...

"As you heard earlier, I'm Tyler. I'm glad to be here tonight. I hope you like this song."

The lights dimmed a bit as a prelude to Tyler's performance.

I heard a piano, then the lights came back on.

Tyler began to sing.

I had never heard the song before. Perhaps it was an original?

Either way, he was great.

However, there was a point early on in this song where I nearly fell out of my chair.

"Somebody stole my car radio, and now I just sit in silence."

I knew I knew him from somewhere! He was the guy I stole his car radio from!

I continued to listen to the song, and realized how much he needed his car radio, and the passion in his voice really showed it.

Maybe I should give it back to him...

What are you saying?! My mind scolded. Besides, you could use it as leverage. This guy may be worth something... He could be a great addition to the Clique.

I like the way you think, brain.

Good thing I still had my skeleton hoodie on from when I stole this guy's car radio.

I stood up, zipping up my hoodie. Tyler was screaming into the mic, something about sitting in silence.

I deliberately walked out slowly so he could see me.

Tyler had stopped screaming. Now it was just piano.

It stopped abruptly.

He must've seen me.

"Hey!" I heard him yell.

Yup. He definitely saw me.

I quickened my pace, walking briskly out the door.

I quickly formulated a plan in my head.

I'll run until I get within walking distance of the Graveyard, or at least until Tyler gets tired and gives up. Either way, I'll stop and I'll reveal myself. Then, I'll make a bargain with him; I'll give him his car radio back if he joins the Skeleton Clique.

I smiled as I began to sprint, hearing Tyler yell after me.

I'm so glad I went out tonight.