Pancakes and The Police Station

The girl slept quietly in soundly the whole night. Eren was forced to share a bed with Levi, but he didn't mind it to much.

Levi slept but Eren was awake the rest of the night wondering who had been chasing the little girl, and why. Who would want to harm this innocent little girl. Although, for all that Eren knew, she couldn't be so innocent. A matter of fact... he didn't even know the little girls name.

How stupid of Eren not to ask. He was to worried about her being sick. They will have to do some more investigating in the morning. Maybe they can find her mother.

                                                                                         *** 

When Eren woke up the little girl was still curled up inside the big blanket on the bed, but Levi stood by the window sipping coffee.

Eren got up and wrapped his hands around Levi from behind. "Moring" Eren whispered sleepily.

"Morning. Coffee?" Levi asked. Eren nodded in return and was soon given his own mug. The smell was comforting and reminded him of Paris.

He heard the covers rustle behind him and he turned to look. The little girl climbed out of bed, rubbing her eye, and more like waddled over to Levi and Eren.

"Good morning" Eren smiled "I never got to ask you, what was your name?" Eren asked.

"Leila. My name is Leila and I'm 6 years old" She yawned.

Eren heard a low rumble and the girl grimaced. "Oh, you must be hungry Leila" Eren said.

Leila nodded, "Very hungry Mr. Eren" she said. Levi  moved from the window.

"Lets go downstairs and get some breakfast, and then we can take Leila to the police station and see if they have heard from her mother" Levi said. Eren gave a nod of agreement and picked Leila up.

"Let's go then" he smiled.

It turned out that the girl was hungry. It only made Levi feel worse for her. He wondered how long the girl had been without her mom.

"Mmmm, this food was very good. I have not tasted this, what is this?" she asked holding it up on her fork.

"It's a pancake" Eren responded.

"And the brown tasty stuff?" she questioned.

"That's syrup" Levi said. "Very sticky" he mumbled into his coffee mug.

"I like pancakes and syrup" She giggled.

Levi couldn't help but smile at this, even though she was getting the sticky syrup all over her hands.

When they got to the police station the girl tugged on Eren's hand. "Mommy said never to go in there. Bad people in there"