Chapter 2: He Likes Me

"So, I saw that Mr.Parker was talking to you after class, alone." Sam said in a funny tone.

"Look, he was helping my with my project. I don't even like him anymore." I totally lied.

"Stop lying." She laughed.

"Seriously I don't find him attractive anymore. I'm over him now."

Keep denying.

But why was I denying if she already knew? Oh yeah, because I can't like him and I'm trying to move on.

"Are you serious?" She seemed to believe me now.

"Yes, very." I told her and she nodded her head.

"Wow okay, so who do you like then?" She already seemed eager to find me another crush.

"Oh gosh Sam, nobody. You don't always have to like someone."

"I know, I know. Let's just go get something to eat." She pulled my wrist and took my to the cafe.

We sat down and got us food from the buffet.

"I swear this salad is always amazing, like what the hell do they do to make it so delicious." Sam was rambling on about how good the food was here.

"I love their dressing, its really go-" and before I could finish my sentence a boy came to our table and interrupted me.

"Hey Riley, I'm Alex. I'm in your business management class. I was wondering if you wanted, to.. Uhm, go out sometime." He was nervous, I could tell. But he was oddly cute in an awkward way and I really was trying to get over my huge crush on Mr.Parker. This was my chance.

"Yeah, yeah. That would be great." I looked at Sam and she smiled at me.

"Okay, so how about tomorrow at 8?" He asked.

"Sure."

"Great, meet me at the library."

"Okay." With that he walked away.

"Oh my gosh Riley! You have a date!" Sam yelled happily.

"Yeah, yeah. I just want to know why he wants me to meet him at a library." I laughed.

"Well, I guess you'll find out." She joined me and we laughed together.

Yay, maybe we'll read books together!
Oh gosh what did I get myself into?

************

I walked into the library wearing a short lavender dress and my hair was curled.

"Wow. You look nice." Alex said as I walked in. He was leaning against a wall.

"Thank you, Alex. So do you." He was wearing a nice long sleeved polo with black pants. His blue eyes popped and his brown hair laid flat on his head.

"I know it's weird to meet at a library, I just needed to grab a few books. But, the plan is to go out to eat." He looked at me, eyes wide.

"Okay, sounds good." I smiled. Why was he looking at me like that?

We walked to a fancy diner and took a seat at a booth. It was really pretty in here.

"So, I know you barely know me. I just saw you in class a couple times and I think you're gorgeous." He smiled crookedly up at me.

"Thank you so much. It's really sweet of you to ask me out." I smiled.

"You're welcome. So my name is Alex, like I said before. And I'm 22, I'm planning on joining my dads business after school. What about you?"