Chapter 6: Meeting His Parents

I had packed everything for the trip to Verona Beach with Jayce. And it was spring break so I didn't have to plan around anything important. So far, it was all off to a good start. But today was the day to leave and I'm nervous as hell. I made sure I looked completely presentable. I put on some light, natural makeup, and a white dress that went down to my knees.

"Bye Sam! I'll miss you!" I kissed her cheek and grabbed my bags. I had lied and told her I was going back home to Florida where I would relax with my mom.

"Bye Riley! Say hi to your mom for me."

"I will." I smiled at her and close the door as I walked out.

I had to take a cab to the McDonald's down the street, so that nobody would see me and Jayce getting into the same car and driving away together.

This secret thingy was starting to get annoying.

*****

"Shit, Jayce. I don't even know anything about you. I feel shitty." I complained while we drove through the city.

"I don't know anything about your family either. Just ask me what you wanna know."

"Well, whats your sisters name and who is she marrying?" He better be prepared for all these questions I had to ask.

"Her name is Kyla and she's 24, im two years older than her. She's marrying her best friend David. They've known each other since 5th grade and they were even high school sweethearts." He explained.

"That's so sweet," I smiled. He grabbed my thigh while he drove with the other hand. "Do you have any other siblings?"

"I have a brother, he's 20. His name is Derek. He's crazy, but he's hilarious. He can be annoying though." He laughed. "Do you have any siblings?" He asked me.

"Nope, it's just me and my mom."

"What about your dad?"

"He left when I was young, don't ask why, because I don't know. But I love my mom," I smiled at the thought of her. "Her name is Grace."

"I would love to meet her one day," He squeezed my thigh and smiled. "My mom's name is Olive, and my dad is Charlie. They've been married for 26 years."

"That's sweet. I can't wait to meet them, I'm just so nervous." I looked out the window In front of me, I read the sign. Verona Beach.

"Well, don't be. They'll like you." He let go of my thigh and out both hands on the steering wheel, pulling into the drive way of a beautiful white house just above the ocean.

"I hope so."

"They will." He smiled at me and kissed my cheek.

He got out of the car and opened the door for me, I stepped out. I met eyes with a man who was bald, with big blue eyes. He smiled at me. And this would be dad.

"Well, who is this?" He grabbed my hand and patted it.

"Dad, this is Riley."

"Hello Riley, you're quite beautiful." He pulled me into a hug.

"Thank you." I smiled and hugged him back.

"Okay dad, you can let her go now." Jayce laughed and his dad let me go.

"Hmm, she even smells good." He chuckled, and then pulled Jayce into a hug.

"Missed you dad." He patted his back.

"You too, son. Let's get these bags in the house." He walked to the trunk and pulled out a few bags. Jayce followed him. "Riley, go ahead and go in. Olive should be inside making dinner."