II

Chapter II: The Diary

Apollyon open his eyes, finding himself in his lumpy old bed. It was day break outside. Apollyon felt different, looking down his skin tone has more of a tan. Quickly getting up and looking into the cracks mirror ,that is hanging on his door, the chain his mother left for him was around his neck. Showing perfectly with his new tan.

"My Mothers Diary!" He thought. Quickly getting to bed looking for the book, under his bed, under the sheet, and under the dresser. He couldn't find it.

"I don't even remember coming back." He though.

"Apollyon get down here now!" His father voice rang in the air stinging his newly found tan. His mind began to race with thoughts of what he did wrong. Hastly tucking his mother necklace in his shirt he began exiting his old abandoned room, that was directly in front of the stairs, He swiftly began to go down the stairs. Finally reaching the bottom of the 25 steps, Apollyon was back handed in to the wall. Struggling to get up, his father ask him questions that wasn't processing in his head.

Pain was all he can feel at the moment. pain in his head and back. His father was very short tempered with him and did not like getting no response from Apollyon. When Derek ask a question and no answer was giving he repeatly punch Apollyon.

"Where were you last night?" He ask once more.

"I heard screaming in the woods about 30 miles off. I wanted to check it out." Apollyon was partially telling the truth. Apollyon was on the floor in a hep. Curled up in a ball to protect himself even more, from his vicious father.

Derek, his father leaned closer to him breathing heavy and unevenly.

"Which way, and you better not lie to me!" Derek ask.

"I-I don't know, no one teach me directions." His breathing was heavy and his gums was aching. Apollyon was terrified of getting hit again. Fear of having to see the pack doctor, fear of a hit that will actually kill him. His father is an Alpha and his hits are not om the friendly side.

"You worthless peace of shit." Derek gave a final blow to his midsection. Receiving noise that means he broken a rib.

Apollyon struggle holding a scream full of pain but, he managed. Tears clouded his vision. If he make any sound of anguish his father would retaliate with more heavy reckless blows to vital points on his body.

"I should have killed you when I had a chance." Apollyon heart stop, he knew his father didn't mean those words he said but, they seem to hurt him more then his rib.

I should have killed you when I has a chance.

His fathers words was on a steady repeat in his mind. What did he do to make his father hate him so much? he wondered

Apollyon drag his body up the stairs to his room. It was a hard task. His rib hurt, legs ache, and his heart shatter. Making it to his room he found his mother diary. Laying neatly on his dresser. It was brown with the same symbol as the chain he as on. He quickly grab it, and laying on his lumpy bed opening the first page.

Apollyon went through 18 pages, but the funny thing was he couldn't read. No one teach him how to read but, he could understand this book as if he knew English or any other language for the matter.

Dear Diary,

Today I found out I was pregnant with a happy and health baby boy. I am going on 3 months and 2 more to go. I am making sure I have everything set up for him when he arrives. Derek and I have set a room up two doors down from ours. Baby blue walls with his name writing in my secret hand writing. Only my kind can read. Apollyon Santorini. The love I have for him is undeniable. All Mothers have to make sacrifices and I will have to make one in order for him to live.