1. The News

It was Monday morning, the devil of all. A new week to go to my torturous school. I throw the covers off of me and cursed myself mentally. Then a soft knock was heard from the other side of my door.

"Honey. You're going to be late again." My mother gave a light laugh.

I yawn and stretch. Slowly making my way to my dresser. I pull out a pair of black sweatpants and a white tank top. I strip then reclothe, then run to the bathroom. I brush my hair so it was in its natural waves, brush my teeth and did a little of foundation and mascara.

I grab my blue Victoria's Secret hoodie and black backpack.

I walked out of my room to be greeted by my brother.

"Hey Kit Kat." He smirked and messed with my hair.

I glared at him and he just smiled.
"You're rude, Christopher." He hated when I called him by his full name. I start my way downstairs, him following.

I was welcomed by the smell of eggs and bacon. My mom handed me a plate of scrambled eggs and two pieces of bacon. I give a small thanks and start eating. My brother does the same but eats much faster.

"Morning!" My dad comes down the stairs in a suit with a brief case and a suitcase.

"Business trip?" I ask him knowingly.

He nods and kisses my head. Then walks over and kisses my moms cheek. I smile and Chris frowns. I hit his arm playfully and he gives me a weird look. I run and put my white vans on, Chris putting on his converse.

"Bye love you guys!" I yell as me and Chris walk out. Chris waves and I walk down to his truck. We both get in and he starts it. The radio automatically turns on.

"Of course it's a commercial!" I laugh.

"You're so stupid." My brother said gleefully.

I looked at him stern and he chuckled.

The ride was filled of teasing. We pulled into the parking lot and I got out in sync with my brother. Then closed them in sync. He was the football captain, so he always hanged out with the jocks. I walked over to see Connor my boyfriend who was also on the football team.

"Hey babe." He grabbed me by my waist and held me there.

"What? No kiss?" I giggle and he stands up and let's go.

"I have to go." He chuckled.

I put my lips out and instead he kisses my forehead. He then walks away with all his friends including my brother.

***

"Hey Kat!" My friend Chloe was running towards me, as I'm in a bad mood.

"What's wrong?" She looks at me funny.

"Connor didn't want to kiss me.."

"Maybe he's sick and, didn't want you to catch it?" She smiled trying to make me feel better.

"Sure. We should probably start walking." We both start walking in silence. Yay first hour was science. I sighed and held my head.

"Girl you gotta chill." She wrapped her arm around me, giving me a little squeeze.

"I'll buy you your lunch today if you smile."

I smile and she laughs.

"Woo free lunch!" I laugh.

***
I wasn't able to focus due to the whole Connor concept. Chloe and I walked into the lunchroom and sat our bags down where we usually sat , saving our spot. We run and get first in line. We grab our trays and Chloe checks her phone. 

"I heard your friend is moving back." She had a smirk on her face.

I stood in the lunch line waiting for her to tell me.

"Logan." She laughed.

"Correction, he is not my friend. Our moms were best friends. He was my childhood nightmare." I snapped at her.

"Well he's moving back."

We finish getting through the lunch line and go sit down.

"It's not funny to mess with me like that." I sigh.

She takes her phone and shows me the tweet.

Logan_:  I'm coming back >:) Brace yourself.

I look at her with wide eyes all she does is nod.

"I can't believe it." I say feeling queasy.

"You okay?" She looks at me with worrisome.

"I'm going to run home. Tell Chris I got sick or something."

"Okay. I'll come over later." I nod and start walking.

I get out of the building and start walking home. It took me twenty minutes to get on the same block. I saw no ones car and was there. Which was weird since mom was always home.

I unlock my door and open it. Everything seemed normal. I look outside from the livingroom window and see a moving truck at the house across the street. Then Logan came to mind. What would the chances be of him moving across the street?

I sighed and walked to the kitchen to clear my mind, when there was a rough knock on the door. I ran over to the door and opened it.

"Listen I can't believe Logan-"

"Logan what?." I look up and see the familiar voice matches the familiar face.

"Miss me?" He smirks.

"Not at all."