Chapter 11

Sam's POV

As she sat in my arms we stared out at the city . 

"A few years ago I never would've imagined I would be sitting on a cliff in California watching the sunset with an amazing guy," She said. 

"I've seen this same sunset probably a million times, but this one feels special, different," I replied. 

"What's gonna happen when I leave in a few days?" She asked. 

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I've gotta go home, remember, I can here with my sister and mom from Ohio," she said.

"Oh, I don't want to think about that right now," I said. 

"Well, we should get going, I've gotta be back by ten and it's already 9:30," She said.

"OK, I've  just gotta pick up the picnic and we can head out," I said and began putting everything into the basket.

When everything was in the basket I carried it down to the car with Maia's hand in mine. I put the basket in the back and opened Maia's door. When she was in I closed her door and walked over to the drivers seat.  We drove to the hotel in a comfortable silence. When we arrived I opened her door and she got out. I walked her into the hotel and up to her room. 

"This was probably the best date I've ever been on," she said as we stood outside the room. 

"It was amazing," I replied.

She looked me in the eyes, leaned in and kissed me passionately. I smiled as we parted and she turned around and walked into her hotel room, leaving me standing there. I turned around and walked back to my car slowly.  I sat in the car while deep into thought. I didn't even think anyone could make me feel like Sami did, but I think Maia just did. I started the car and drove back to the house. 

"So???" Ricky said as I walked in the door.

"It was possibly the best date I've ever had in my life," I answered. 

"Did you kiss her?" He asked.

"Yeah," I replied. 

"Did you think about Sami at all?" He asked.

"Not really,"I replied.

"You're getting better, I'm proud of you," He said and turned around, walking out of the room. 

I walked into the living room and plopped down onto the couch. I looked over, saw Jc's camera there and instantly remembered that it was Tuesday and I had to upload tomorrow. I ran up to my room and grabbed my camera. 

Half an hour later I finished the video and laid down on my bed. As I stared at the ceiling I felt my eyes get heavier and I slowly drifted off into a deep sleep.