Chapter 6

Kian's POV

We sat in the waiting room. None of us were allowed to see him yet. As far as we knew, he was still alive, but in critical condition. 

"What if he isn't OK?" Dani asked flatly.

"He will be," Trevor said, but it seemed like he was trying to convince himself that more than her. 

"You guys are allowed to see him, but only one at a time," a doctor said. 

"Go in Kian, you deserve to see him first," JC said to me. 

I stood up slowly and walked into the room. Tears fell form my eyes as I saw him lying there. He had tubes in his nose and mouth, and IV in his arm and the only way I knew he was still alive was the beeping of the machine next to him. All I felt was anger. He was my best friend, but I couldn't be sad. I was so mad at him right now. 

"How could you do this to all of us? You knew how hard it was and you were gonna force us to go through exactly what you did. Maybe it wouldn't be the same because you were dating Sami, but you're my best friend Sam! I had to run into the house, I had to break your door, just to see you lying on the floor almost dead. Makayla blames herself! She thinks it's her fault because she asked me to sit back down instead of going after you right away. Congratulations Sam! You've successfully made every feel as bad as you did," I snapped while crying and walked out of the room. 

Makayla stood up and asked, "Are you OK?"

"I'm fine someone else can go in," I said.

"Are you sure?" he asked.

"Can we just leave?" I asked her. 

"Sure," She replied. 

She grabbed her bag off the chair and we left. 

"I wanna get a house of our own," I said, breaking the silence.

"What?" She asked. 

"I'm 19, your 18, We should get our own place," I replied. 

"Are you sure?" she asked.

"Yea," I replied. 

"Then, we'll start looking," she stated. 

We pulled into the driveway and walked inside. I opened my laptop and looked for houses and apartments. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sam's POV

My eyes slowly opened up and I could hear the beeping from hospital machines. I could feel my heart beating faster than it ever has before. I picked up my hand and brought it too my face. I felt the tube coming out of my mouth and nose. 

"Sam," someone said faintly, they sounded surprised. 

"Sam," they said again this time it sounded closer.

"Where's Kian," I tried to say, but it was unrecognizable from the tube in my mouth. 

I couldn't feel much, all I knew was that someone was checking something and doing tests. There was a pinch on my arm and within a few minutes I fell back into the darkness. When I woke up again there was no longer tube in my mouth, but still in my nose. 

"Sam," a nurse said lightly. 

"Hey," I managed to groan and she laughed a little. 

She came over to me and helped me sit up.

"You're lucky you have a friend like him," she said and nodded. 

I looked out the window to the waiting room and Saw Kian there, holding Makayla tighter than I've ever seen. 

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"If he hadn't walked in when he did, Sam, you would've died," she said and I was in shock. 

"I don't remember anything after I left the church," I replied.

"Do you wanna see anyone," she asked.

"Whoever wants to come in," I added.

She walked out of the room and I saw her walk over and talk to everyone. Dani stood up fast and her and Trevor ran in.

"Hey Sam," Dani said.

"I thought you had to leave," I asked.

"We literally have to leave in 20 minutes. We were just about to before the nurse came out," she replied making me chuckle. 

"When did you two kiss and make up," I asked. 

"A few nights ago, the day you got here," Trevor said. 

"I seriously would love to stay here with you,  but I cant miss this flight," Dani said frantically and pulled Trevor out of the room.

A few minutes later, Kian walked into the room.

"Hey," I smiled.

"Don't Hey me! They told us you should be waking up today. Just leave me and Makayla alone. You hurt her and me more than you were hurt because of Sami. I don't want anything to do with you anymore. So congratulations!" He half yelled. 

What have I done?