Chapter 3

I start  tugging on the straps "hello?! Any one there!?"

"Ok you woke up," said a voice.

I turn my head and I see one of the turtles "hay! You are one of the turtles I saw! Did you put me here?" I ask.

"Yes, we were making shure you weren't hostile." He said.

"Hostile? Why would I be hostile?"

"The mutagen," he said.

"Can you let me out please?" I ask.

"Ya shure," he came over and undid them when he got close I noticed his purple mask.

"Why the mask?" I ask "it's not going to hide you identity you are a giant turtle."

"I'm a ninja." He says.

"Ok a giant ninja turtle. That's a first." I say more to myself than him.

Am I scared? Yes! But my Curiosity got the best of me.

I sit up because the straps were off. I look around and see a mirror. I stare at my reflection. My eyes open in horror, and the human sized turtle starring back did so to. I look just like them, except I was less wide and I had curves.

I raise my arm, the reflection did the same my jaw falls and the thing's does also.

"W-what happened to me," I ask remembering that the turtle was there, I felt my self shaking in fear. To just get the words out was difficult.

"I don't know how you are feeling I was mutated when I was to young to remember, but the stuff that fell on you was mutagen and it changed your body to look like that." He explained.

I slowly looked away from the mirror and looked at him "do you have a name?" I question.

"Donatello, but you can call me Donnie, you?"

"Jinny, the freak." I look down "I can't see my friends or family, they would run away, I didn't get to say goodbye." I finally had enough and I started to sob.

I heard Donnie approach me but then back off and leave. On the other side of the door I heard him talking to the other turtles but I couldn't understand what they were saying. I heard something about calling April.

I just sat there crying for awhile. Every once and a while I would stare at my reflection. Thinking why.

Eventually I heard the door open again. I expected it to be Donnie but I was wrong.

I look up to see a normal average girl around my age. She looked at me, I expected her to look at me with fear but instead it was a look of sympathy.

"The guys told me everything," she said as she sat next to me and put a hand on the back of my shell.

It felt good to see another girl. "I'm April." She said.

I wiped my nose with the back of my hand "Jinny,"

"Let me tell you something, you don't look bad compared to some other mutants, and living with the turtles won't be that bad." She said.

For some reason that helped me. I give her a smile, "Thanks, that helped," I said.

"Are you ok? Are you ready to meet everyone?"

I nod "ok let's do this," I say.