Chapter 1

Warning!!! If you have not watched the Nickelodeon show House of Anubis you will be very confused! This story is fiction so characters from both seasons 2 and 3 are included. If you have not watched season 3 you may be able to keep up but I highly recommend watching the show before you start reading (:

Thanks (: - OrignalKerrotLuver

~

KT stepped up slowly, feeling the pebbly path under her worn black ballet flats. With a deep sigh she approached the ancient looking door knob and grasped the artifact strongly before twisting and pushing her way into the dusty entrance hallway. The think bolted door slapped shut behind and she whipped her head around nervously, although her expression gave off the desired cool and collected appearance.

"Nina, if you don't sit still and let me braid your hair out, I will cut it off while you sleep!" Pierced the perky, yet serious, British accent of Amber Millington. KT laughed to herself before proceeding into the common room. The ten heads of the other Anubis house members snapped up each with different urgency in her direction. KT didn't return any of the conflicting gazes and plopped herself down on the love seat next to Joy, a mousy frail girl with flat, lifeless hair and an expression to match. Joy's eyes drifted over towards Fabian's dark brown ones in a look of longing that was never returned, let alone acknowledged.

"Mara," Jerome spoke up from the silence that had been created as soon as I had entered the house.

"One minute, Jerome" she responded without looking up from her physics textbook. Mara had perfectly naturally tanned skin and longish black hair that fell down to her waist. She wore it back in a messy bun held by two standard yellow pencils and tapped a third in her hand as her eyes followed the words along the page. She nodded as if agreeing with herself that she had learned something by the end of the page before looking up into Jerome's blue eyes.

"I was wondering if we could go study," he stated nervously, twirling his thumbs, totally against his normal charismatic behavior.

"Jerome what do you think we're doing?" She asked in a no-nonsense tone as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"I meant in your room, alone," he hinted again and the majority of the rest of us turned away.

"Oh," he said in her own thick all-knowing-Brit accent. They stood up quietly and quickly before making a rush for the stairs and up to the girls' dorms, giggling was heard quickly before their footsteps faded into another room.

"So..." Joy said looking back to KT. "How's the family tree project going?" KT gulped. It wasn't an actual assignment, well it had been before the headmaster Mr. Sweets shut it down. Now the two girls were working on it on their own time.

"Not so well, I still have nothing past my grandpa." She lied and avoided direct eye contact. She had discovered something past her grandpa, her great grandfather, the founder of the house and school really; Robert Frobisher Smythe. Only two other residents knew about it and she intended to keep it that way.

"Fabian, Amber, Joy, it's your turn to set the table." The house mother Trudy called out signaling for the three to move off towards the kitchen. Joy watched with laser eyes as Nina released Fabian's hand with a regretting half smile. Fabian returned the smile to Nina and was hustled away by an annoyed Joy. Willow, a younger looking excitable girl with soft strawberry-blonde hair, leaning more towards the strawberry than blonde part, got up with Amber and continued the discussion they had just begun on fall fashions and whether they included waist belts or not. KT was left with Alfie who was zoned in on his hand-held video game, Patricia who sat on the opposite couch from KT trying to stay as far away from Eddie on the other end of the couch, and Nina.