To Prove I'm Right, I Put It in A Song

The weather wasn't all that good. Skies were crying, ground was all muddy, everything wasn' t all cooperating. That's what I thought. I haven't even got myself out of that Music Museum.

Right after I received that call from Romane, I searched my way out of the arena and into the entrance facade of the building. I immediately met up with Liam in his car while on the other side of the road, I can already see mom's car approaching.

I haven't had the chance to tell mom where I was going, since - first of all, I was in a complete rush; the weather was so intimidating; I wasn't all feeling well; and it seemed like Liam was waiting for me. I had to rush inside his black car, though I never had an umbrella to protect myself. It didn't matter. I think it would be really helpful if I keep up and not mind the rain.

I was panting when I reached on the front seat of Liam's car. I was so exhausted and cold at the same time.

"Why didn't you just wait? I could've sent you an umbrella." Liam said. He didn't look so happy.

"No time for that." I argued. "Send me where I need to go." Then, I sighed. I took a deep breath 'cause I felt a bit nauseous.

"Okay. So here's what you're gonna do." Liam was all prepared on what he was gonna say. I was staring at the windshield and took a deep breath again.

"Once you've reached the Grandstand, you have to find where Romane is. She's gonna meet you there. Well, unfortunately, my dad's not gonna make it, but you'll meet up with rather, a nice soccer coach. She's a friend of my dad's so don't worry." he oriented.

"And you can bring this." He lent me a sky blue face towel. "You're gonna need it."

I had to take it, of course.

"And an umbrella." he lent me a black one. "It's quite a very long rainy day."

I smiled and took the things he gave me that would totally help. It was still a rainy day, yes. It never stopped raining as I was saying. But it won't stop our soccer rehearsals. I don't even remember when is our tournament. Maybe next week or two. I don't know.

It was quite a half an hour trip from the Music Museum to the Grandstand. Traffic was all unforgiving so that's what took us so long. The car parked near the Grandstand gate. Well, it wasn't supposed to park there but I just needed to get out and hurry.

I opened the car door and spread the umbrella in haste. The rain met the silk fabric of that black umbrella I was handling while I thought of something I never really paid attention to until I realized I was almost soaked wet.

“What about my uniform, Liam.”

“It’s all good. Romane already has it. Don’t worry.” Liam was yelling because we couldn’t hear each other through the disastrous rain.

I just smiled at him. I didn't really know what to say.  I also didn't how I formulated this question. It just kinda slipped out of my tongue while tons of rain was raging.

"So, where you up to now? Are you still gonna pick me up?" That was a really stupid question, wasn't it? - considering I just said that to Cody's brother who probably might be the most charming MVP player in campus. That was totally dumb of me.

"As much as I love to, Nick. But I couldn't leave my dad and you know how he's doing right? Liam was sounding a bit hesitant of what he was saying but without a doubt, I could feel the seriousness in his sentence.

"No, it's alright. Your dad needs you more than I do. Besides, I can take care of myself. I'm sorry to even bother asking." That was totally humiliating.

Something in my apology statement (that sounded a bit sarcastic but I didn't mean it that way)  made him sorta twist his story and kinda thought of something.