You Don't Know You're Beautiful

I glanced out at Liam’s house. It looked as if there was nobody there. The neighborhood was a slight ghost town. Our car was the only one around. I opened the backseat door of the car near where I was seated. Fresh air brushed the outdoors. I felt like I was free. Free from sadness and depression. Happiness went flying through the airs. Then, something happened that truly made my day so devastated.

As I span my arms and faced the sky with huge happiness drawn in my face, thunder made its way to that fine day. Followed by sprinkles then stone-sized rain.

My happiest day went soaked wet. It was just interrupting.

“Uggh!” I grunted as I suffer the consequences of getting wet. “I freakin' need an umbrella guys!”

Rose and Lily went out of the car and spread their umbrellas.

“Here,” Rose insisted. “God, you're so wet.”

I was as wet as when you take shower by a fireman from a hydrant. But I wasstill on my clothes. How on earth could I afford having dry clothes in no time. Especially, we’re due to an hour or we’ll be declared “cutting classes”.

Rose and I made our ways to that quiet house and so was Lily while Liam went to park his car on their garage.

Finally, we reached the door. It wasn’t actually locked but having god manners is to knock on the door. Yes, we tried to knock. Three knocks at first attempt. Another three knocks at the second. But it wasn’t working. We didn’t have any special arrest warrant so we couldn’t just open the door. At our last attempt, I gave it a go. As usual, three knocks at a time. As I was making my first knock, the door mysteriously opened by itself. Probably, some technology trick but it seemed no speck of hi-tech there. Just a scrawny little Halloween trick.

We paced inside the house slowly as if we were entering a haunted house. There were no electricity, I mean, lights were off. Everything in that house was spooky but it wasn’t Halloween yet. It was still the first week of September. 

We paced ourselves inside the house slowly as if we were entering a haunted house. There were no electricity, I mean, lights were off. Everything in that house was spooky but it wasn’t Halloween yet. It was still the first week of September.

As we made a step on that scrawny spooky house, the floor always creaked because it was made of wood. I was so wet, I felt extremely cold. I was trembling so hard. Probably, a mix of coldness and nervousness.

We entered the living room of that house. Every furniture was spread with white covers that looked like it was abandoned. We sat on it, anyways. We were so tired, we didn’t have time to mind the eeriness that house brought us.

As we made ourselves comfortable, something unusual got our attention. Something that made a couple of slight steps. My heart pounded from normal to unusual. It went faster which made me pant so hard.

“What was that?” I consciously asked. I was trembling but I was making theiceness caused by me being extremely wet as an excuse.

“It’s just the wind, I guess?” Rose was scared as well.

I could hear the steps again. Coming closer and closer.

“No wind can make steps.” Lily objected but feared for our lives.

The house was dark, for your information. The outdoors seemed to be having a storm. Probably, a storm that could last a day; or maybe ages.

All of us were undeniably shaking with jitteriness drawn in our faces. I covered myself with the covers on the couch we’re sitting on. I could see shadows. I closed my eyes so I couldn’t see any supernatural.