Chapter 2-Day 1

December 3rd, 2014
"Welcome to day one of you 4 week
Glimpse of hell. " "How bad can it be?" Asks Mason to Gordan, well responds Gordan, "I here bootcamp's a living hell." "Well" replies Mason, "like the saying goes the best glimpse of heavens on the way into hell!" Gordan chuckles. "Well I guess you're right David", replies Gordan. "Enough chit chat ladies we're on the clock, it's time to get to work." Says Captain Strauss, "your first task is to eat the huge steak dinner, don't be shy eat as much as you want," as Strauss snuck a suspicious looking grin. After the wonderful dinner all the men had a great time. Smiling and laughing and having fun , in bootcamp! Mason and Gordan got a little suspicious, that's when Captain Strauss walked in to the dinning tent out of the rain. "Well men I hope you enjoyed you meal" yelled Strauss. "All the men thanked him but Strauss said they shouldn't thank him just yet. "Your next task is to run a mile in less than 6 minutes." The men thought he was joking, they had just eaten a huge meal and now he wanted them to a mile in less than six minutes? Ramsbottom stood and said, "what happens if we fail and run it in over 6 minutes?" Strauss responded fast saying, "if you fail your task you have 2 choices, number 1 you leave and have the shame of failing, or number 2 you run it over and over and over until you run it in under six minutes." Mason asked when they start running? Strauss responded saying, "you start... Now!"
The men jumped up from there seats and ran for the dirt track which had turned to mud from the rain that had started when they were eating. Mason and Gordan had suspected this before the captain told them to start running so they didn't eat as much as the others did. They took and early lead but had a rough time running in the mud, Gordan ran in front of Mason for awhile before he tripped on a rock and hurt his toe. Mason knew he had to run but he knew he also had to help Gordon so he chose Gordan, he stopped to pick him up as Gordan yells, "what are you doing you need to finish leave me I can run it again but I don't want you to as well." Mason didn't have time to think the clock was already at 4:05 so he yell, "no man gets left behind" and picked up Gordan, he piggy backed him for a few hundred feet and then told him he had to run the rest the way or they would run out of time. Gordan agreed and ran on his own. They both finished the mile in time along with 3 others, and at the beginning of day one there was 8 men hoping to become a navy seal and by the end of day one Joy and Ramsbottom had given up.