Chapter 11 : Learning A Lesson

Becca looked up and found Damon with a stern look on his face. He didn't look happy.

"Hey, Dad," she greeted as Damon marched toward Mr. Faye's office.

"Don't 'hey Dad' me. You are in a huge trouble, young lady," he said sternly. Becca realized that his blue eyes darkened and she dropped her gaze to the ground.

"Mr. Salvatore," Mr. Faye said as he stepped out of his office, "I'm sorry I had to call you here. Please come into my office. I need to discuss your daughter's behavior today."

Damon shot Becca a stern glare before walked past her to Mr. Faye's office. Mr. Faye closed the door behind him after Damon walked in.

Becca took a deep breath. "I'm so dead," she mumbled to herself. She waited for almost twenty minutes before the door flew open and Damon emerged from the principal's office.

"Come on, Rebecca," he said gruffly. Becca waved at Katelyn and shot her a weak smile. They walked toward the school entrance and halfway there, someone called from behind their back, "Hey Damon!"

Damon whirled around, a smile growing on his lips. "Alaric? What are you doing here?" Damon asked as he walked forward and gave his best friend a hug.

"What do you think? I teach here, Damon, and your daughter is one of my students," Alaric said, nodding slightly at Becca, "You didn't tell me you had a daughter."

"It was unplanned, but yeah... This is my daughter Rebecca," he said, motioning to Becca who stood beside him.

"Your daughter is a little bit mischievous and sassy, but she is really intelligent," Alaric told Damon.

"Yeah, I'm aware of that. The principal called me and I had to come pick her up," Damon said.

"She made a bad impression on her first day," Alaric informed Damon.

"As the faculty advisor, I suggest you, Rebecca, to straighten up your attitude before you get yourself in more trouble," Alaric told Becca, giving her a pointed look. Becca was about to give sassy comment, but swallowed them when she saw Damon glaring at her.

"She will. I'll make sure of that," Damon said and Becca gulped.

"Come over to my house. We have a lot to catch up and I'm sure Elena would be really happy to see you again," Damon said and Alaric nodded his head.

"I will. I miss both of you."

"I need to go home now to deal with Rebecca," Damon said, giving Alaric another hug.

"Don't be too hard on her. She's just a kid," Alaric whispered in his ear and Damon nodded his head slightly.

"See you later, Rebecca," Alaric said as Damon gestured to Becca to follow him.

"Bye, Mr. Saltzman," Becca replied weakly.

Damon walked to his car in the parking lot with Becca trailed behind him. He opened the door of the passenger seat and let Becca in. He walked around the car and got in the driver seat himself.

"First day and I already get a phone call from school. Do you have anything to say for yourself, Rebecca?" Damon said as he backed out the car.

"The food fight was an accident. I didn't mean to start it, alright? A girl tripped me first," Becca argued.

"But that didn't give you the right to throw food at her," Damon said without diverting his gaze from the road, "And what about the rude comments, inappropriate language, and snapping out toward the teachers? You didn't even make an effort to actually pay attention and take notes in class."