Mist

The next day something weird happened.....I can't really explain it but....I think.....I think my skin turned intangible and ....misty!? I know I sound crazy but I'm not! I woke up and I saw camryn in the corner. It feels like all creepy things happen in darkest corners. She had my night shirt in her hands......I know I should have asked her why but I didn't......she looked like she was staring at my chest so I looked down and saw my skin turn a mist, a foggy white. Like Karl from San Francisco. My mind races with concern and horror.
I see Camryn look away next to me. A hand reaches to cover my eyes, and I slip off I to the dark.....then I woke up in my bed that morning and I was completely fine....this town is messing with my head....
I race down to the kitchen and I get ready for my day running about and what not.
After careful thought and consideration I decided to skip school because fuck the government, fuck the system, ACAB, whatever the excuse I was not sitting in a class room today.
I went in the direction of school but instead of stopping at the building I just kept walking through plain grass and into a small wooded area that looks more like it was planted there than naturally occurring.
I explored for about an hour or so before stumbling over....a river rock? I mean I'd seen them back in Arkansas but non of them were quite this size. This was a good 10, 15 feet tall and like 20 feet wide. It was more of a river clif than a rock.
I decided to try climbing up the rock to see what there was to see. It took 15 minutes to make it all the way to the top but when I got there it was definitely worth it. It was about a 20 by 30 area of flat top river rock and the view was stunning. Exploring the rock I came to a boy, he was about the same age as me, maybe a little younger, asleep in a groove in the middle of the rock. He was wearing a hoodie over his eyes to block light and there were a pair of well worn glasses near by.
The boy reeked of cannabis and had various snack bags littered around him.
I kicked him to wake him up but to no avail. I tried to shake him awake. Groggy and a little disoriented he finally came to. "Uuuuuhhhhhhhhhh......hey? Who are you?" He looked up at Alex and pulled a small baggie from his pocket.
"Hey? Umm....big rock?" Alex responded more like a question than a statement "Yeah...that's the point." He packs some bag content into a small metal pipe and lights it.  "I like rocks." He continued taking a drag. He's probably the most normal person I've seen so far. "Pretty Right? Rocks are sorta my thing. What do you do?" The question threw me off. At that point I'd only known of the abilities that made the town seem closer to a thriller but, maybe not all of them are dangerous. Even so I'm not even completely sure if I have any abilities or anything like that. "Uhh.....I don't have one? I just moved here."
He looks at me weird but taking another hit from his pipe he offers it to me. I respectfully decline and we sit in silence for a while. "My name is Elliot and I can manifest giant river rocks. I can also breath underwater but I don't use that much." He finally spoke again. "I'm Alex...it's nice to meet you. Umm....shouldn't you be in like class orr...." He gave a half sober laugh "Shouldn't you be in class? I mean you're like what in the same year as me or so?" I couldn't help but laugh a little too "That's pretty fair." We sat there until the sun went down is a comfortable silence.