Cienna

I was so happy that Gunnar had invited me over for dinner at his house. I also had a feeling that it bothered Westin, and that bothered me a little bit. I was confused at why I would be bothered by Westin's feelings about my arrangements, since we were nothing more than friends. Psh, we were barely friends at all. 

I knew he thought the kiss meant something more to me, but it didn't. It was a stupid move on his part that I didn't appreciate. I went back into the kitchen and saw Westin sitting at the counter. "Hello." I said. "Hey." Westin replied softly.

I sat next to him. "Are you okay, Westin?" I asked. "What do you mean? Why wouldn't I be okay? My best friend asks you out to dinner at his house, meeting his parents, his family, all that. You think I'd be okay?" he said. 

He stood up and looked out the window. He took a deep breath and turned to me. "Cienna, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to blow up like that. I mean, that's yours and Gunnar's business, I shouldn't butt in." he said. I went to him and touched his arm, "Why does it bother you so much? Gunnar and I?" I asked. "I don't know. I just-" he said. "You what, Westin?" I asked.

He ran his hands through his hair, "I like you, Cienna. I want you all to myself and let no one else have you. I want to tell people, 'Hey, this is my girlfriend Cienna,' but I can't! We don't know each other as much as we should, you obviously don't have any interest in me after that jerk move I made kissing you. Just forget it." he said. 

"No, I won't forget it. If this dinner bothers you, I will just call it off. I don't have to go. I can go call Gunnar and tell him that I will not be coming tonight." I said. I turned to go to my bedroom but Westin grabbed my arm. "No! Don't do that. I don't want to ruin your date. Go have fun with Gunnar and please, please don't worry about anything I said." he said. 

I smiled a weak smile, "But I can't not worry. If I'm hurting you or bothering you, I won't be able to go on with this." I said. Westin put his hands on my arms. "Cienna, do not worry about me. I was just being stupid. Let it go." he said. "If you insist." I replied. He smiled and laughed, "Go get ready for your date." he said. I smiled and turned to go to my room. 

*******

I chose a black dress with black flats and allowed Darla to curl my hair. I used a bit of Darla's mascara and I was ready. I went into the living room to show off my outfit to Darla and Chasity, who were waiting patiently for me to be done. 

"Wow, Cienna! You look pretty!" Chasity exclaimed. I giggled, "Thank you, Chasity." I said. "Darlin', you look absolutely stunning." she said. "Thank you. And thank you for the help with my hair." I said. "You are so welcome, honey!" Darla replied. "Cienna." I heard from behind me. I turned around and there stood Westin, looking at me with his mouth wide open. "Westin?" I said. "You look beautiful. You look amazing." he said. I smiled and thanked him. I looked up at the clock and realized it was only five minutes until I should be at Gunnar's.

"Well, I shall be on my way. Goodbye, everybody." I said. Westin walked with me outside to halfway between Gunnar and his houses. I continued to walk away until I heard Westin call for me. "Cienna!" he called. I turned around, "Gunnar's a lucky guy." he said. I smiled and walked to Gunnar's.