Chapter 6

Laxus wondered in the garden, and the King approached him with a frown. "Laxus, the crowning for King is coming up faster. Why did you care that the Lady Mirajane was a servant? You love her, don't you?" He asked and Laxus turned to face his grandfather with a miserable frown. "I do love her, but now, I doubt she still does." He sighed looking into the small pond where some ducks were swimming. Soon a beautiful gracious swan land in the water. No one dared move it was so beautiful. Somehow, the swan reminded him of Mirajane. He sighed yet again, and he felt even the more miserable if that was even possible.

Mira would never forgive him, and he knew it. "Lady Evergreen is coming over for tea in the afternoon, and I expect you to be there." He said. After Mackorov had left the young boy alone, he sighed. "I must push my feelings for Mirajane aside. AI can not let Sting rule." He said regret flashing in his eyes.

Lisanna burst through the doors of her home startling her older sister. "Lisanna, what's wrong?" She asked worried standing up. Lisanna's eyes filled with sadness. "The Prince... He's... getting married... today..." She said out of breath. Mira felt her heart break into a million pieces. "W-What...?" She said her face becoming expressionless. "To... who...?" She asked and Lisanna looked sadder. "Lady Evergreen." She said and Mira gasped. Evergreen had become Mira's friend. Her friend was going to marry the man that she loved. A single tear fell from her eye and she ran into her room.

Her heart ached like one thousand daggers were getting stabbed into her chest. Her and her siblings went along to the castle gates where the marriage was held. Every time a member from the royal family got married the whole town had to go see the celebration. All the servants and the poor had tried their best to look decently groomed. Mira's family had cleaned themselves and put on the best clothing they could find. Mira did not wear her mother's old gowns. She wanted no memory that she had been happy with the Prince.

She looked over at Elfman, who looked slightly pained, but he looked composed and his feelings locked up.

The music started and the doors opened and Mira saw Evergreen in a white dress and Laxus at the end in a white long sleeved vest with golden epaulettes and golden string going from one epaulette to the other. He wore light blue dress pants and black dress shoes.

Evergreen was accompanied by the green haired man that she thinks his name is Freed. She saw Lisanna's master Bixlow, and he looked VERY unhappy. He was muttering words that were inaudible for her to hear.

The priest started talking. After a while, it came to the part that Mira dreaded most. "Do you, Prince Laxus Dreyar, take Lady Evergreen of the Thunder Legion as your lawfully wedded wife?" Laxus was silent for a moment and Mira's heart raced. "I do." He said and Mira's heart dropped. She told herself that this was meant to happen and that they were never meant to be.

"And do you, Lady Evergreen of the Thunder Legion, do you take Prince Laxus Dreyar as your lawfully wedded husband?" He asked and Evergreen was silent for a moment. She looked around the crowd and her eyes rested on Elfman for a second and then she looked back at the priest. "I... Don't." She said and everyone in the crowd gasped. Laxus looked taken aback and relieved. Mira felt her mouth drop to the ground. Evergreen ran out of the palace courtyard and into the streets.

Mira couldn't believe what just happened. Laxus stood there dumbfounded and his eyes trailed over to Mira who only looked away as soon as their eyes met.

She desperately wanted to meet his gaze again and to just be around him all the time. Was that how you felt when you were in love? She sighed as she started filing in with the other villagers. Lisanna had already left to go to work, and Elfman disappeared somewhere. When she was a good distance from the palace, she felt something wet on her cheeks. She lifted her hand up to her cheeks and felt water running alongside her fingers. She was crying, not tears of sadness, but tears of joy. She quickly wiped away her tears and soon her cheeks were dry and no one could tell that she had been crying only moments ago.

"Mirajane," She heard someone call and she froze but turned around meeting Laxus' intense gaze. She felt a little uncomfortable being around her and she fought the urge to fidget. She looked up at him but she would not meet his gaze out of respect. A servant must never meet eyes with someone of his calibre. "Can you come with me?" He asked and Mira hesitantly nodded.

They walked in silence until they reached a small clearing with colourful flowers sprouting from the ground everywhere. The breeze was nice and gentle, and the sky was a radiant blue with barely any clouds. It was indeed the perfect day in Magnolia to celebrate a wedding.

"Why did you call me here, Your Highness?" She said bowing. He looked a little troubled, and soon after the expression was gone. "Mirajane, I..." He started and He took a hesitant step forward. Mira's heart started racing but she stayed put.

They were only centimetres away from each other. He slowly started leaning in and Mira's heart was pounding inside her chest.  He gently pressed his lips onto hers, and she kissed him back.

After a few moments, they pulled away and Mira was actually blushing. Mira barely ever blushed.

Laxus had a light tint on his cheeks too, and Mira caught onto that quickly. Mira looked into his eyes, and nothing needed to be said for she saw what he wanted to say. He wanted to let her know just how much he loved her and that he didn't want Sting to become King of Magnolia for he feared the people's safety, and he never wanted to marry Evergreen but he had no choice.

Mira smiled shyly and he smiled as well. "I don't know what this means..." She said looking right into his eyes. "Mirajane, will you do me the honour of being my Queen?" He said and Mira's face softened. "Of course." She said as he once again slipping the ring onto her hand.