Chapter 1

I folded my last piece of clothing and set it in the luggage. This was the first time I was going on vacation with my best friend Georgina. I zipped it up and attempted to drag it down the steps. I was home alone so I had to figure out how to lug this down a whole flight of stairs. Before I could even make it to the second step, people with black masks came barging through the front doors. I watched them all come in, exactly 8 of them. They all looked up to the top of the stairs to see me starring at them like a legit idiot. They all came running up the stairs my way and that's when I realized this was reality. My instinct was to run and that's exactly what I did, but also throwing the suitcase down the stairs to spare me sometime. I sprinted into my room, locking it, and grabbing a chair to lean it against the door knob. I backed away and looked for my phone.

"It's in the pocket of the luggage!" I whispered. 

There was banging coming from the other side of the door, also whispers. I looked around panicking to see where I could hide. I pulled all the stuff from under my bed and slid under, pulling the stuff back in to hide myself.

The door finally opened, colliding with the wall. Tears streamed down my eyes as I tried to hold in my sobs. 7 of the kidnappers walked in searching the room. One looked under the bed but not so good enough. They began tearing my room apart looking everywhere for me. 

"Boss! Do you want me to put her luggage in the car?" one of them yelled from downstairs.

"What do you think Cam?" he replied back.

There was silence in the room and footsteps walked towards the bed. I held my breath trying not to make a sound. That's when I felt someone grab my feet and pull me from under the bed. I screamed as loud as I could and began squirming away. A towel was placed on my mouth...

and that's when everything went black.

.

.

.

.

I woke up in a bed. There was 2 windows on each side of the fluffy white bed, a desk on the far right corner, and a closet on the opposite side. I sat up and looked through the window to see a huge backyard with a pool. Where was I? Then it hit me, I was kidnapped. But usually people are kidnapped in abandoned building or something. This already looked like high class. Who kidnapped me? I looked out the window again to see woods surrounding the house and yard. I was definitely in the middle of nowhere. I got up and opened the door slightly. I peaked out to see no one in the hallway. Man, it's a huge hallway. I opened the door all the way and walked to the end of the hallway, looking down the stairs. I heard voices, but no one to be seen. I slowly and quietly sneaked down the stairs. The front door was only 5 feet away. I looked down the hallway and saw myself making eye contact with a boy. He had the brightest blue eyes. 

"Hey!" he yelled, running towards me. 

I turned around and ran to the door, turning the handle. Great. It was locked. I ran into another room to bump into a boy with brown hair and brown eyes. I pushed him and ran passed him. I came to a dead end and went to turn around to run somewhere else, but bumped into a boy with dirty blonde, sandy hair. He had brown eyes and had a smirk across his face. 

"Are you done?" the man asked me. 

I looked down and nodded. He grabbed my hand and brought me into another room. It looked like an office. He sat me down and grabbed a folder. He opened it up and sat next to me.

"Courtney Parks. 17 years old. Brother goes to Michigan and a sister who goes to Florida St. Blah blah blah, I don't care. Alright Courtney, let me start off by saying my names Matthew Espinosa. We have rules here. The bracelet on your hand is so you can't leave the property, so don't try. Fighting gets you nowhere and if you talk back you don't want to know what happens," Matthew  exclaimed.

Tears started to form. I couldn't even speak. He knew everything about me. 

"Why am I here?" I finally made myself say.

"I have my reasons," he said, "Courtney i'm not here to hurt you I promise."

Matthew walked over and wiped the tears off my face, keeping his hands there.

"I want to tell you, I really do but your just gonna have to trust me," he said calmly.

"Trust you! Your asking me to trust you after you kidnapped me!!!!" I screamed, pushing his hands off my face. 

"I'm not kidnapping you, you'll be back when things are better," he exclaimed.

I was about to fight back but what was he talking about?

"What are you talking about?" I asked.

"Your family is in trouble, and I was asked to take care of you since everyone is scared of me. You will be home soon," he said, bringing me into a hug.

I grabbed onto him like there was nothing else to hold on to. I cried on his chest for 10 minutes while he comforted me. I know Matthew Espinosa. He's suppose to be a horrible person, the leader of a gang and is wanted! I expected some 30 year old freak. But Matt was actually attractive, and he had a heart. He brought me into another room and sat me down on a couch.

A whole bunch of boys piled in. They were all laughing and joking around.

"Guys," Matt said calmly and they all went dead silent.

"Courtney, this is Nash, Cameron, Shawn, Taylor, Jack, Gilinsky, and Sam," he said introducing me to all of them. 

I smiled and mouthed hi to all of them.

"Do you want anything to drink?" Matt asked me, placing his hand on my shoulder.

I looked up and said, "yeah water would be great thanks."

He got up and walked to the kitchen.

"Do you want me to show you around the house since you'll be staying here for awhile?" I think Shawn said.

"Um sure," I said, getting up.

The Shawn man brought me upstairs and began my tour.

"So obviously that's your room, Matts is right next to yours, mine is all the way at the end, Jack and Gilinsky's are right over here," he said all excited. He was being actually really cute.

I stayed really quiet and just nodded.

"Courtney please don't worry. You weren't kidnapped, you were brought here for your safety I promise. If you need anything you know I'm here," he said, bringing me into a bear hug.

"Thank you," I said smiling. 

"I'm sorry we were so harsh on you but we weren't suppose to tell you that you weren't kidnapped. If you want you can get some rest, this is your house too," he replied.

I looked up into his eyes and said, "this will never be my home."

And with that I walked past him into 'my room' and fell on the bed. I crawled under the covers.

.

.

.

I cried myself to sleep.