Chapter Five ~ Awkward

**A/N: Here is the promised chapter for this weekend. I kept my word this time ;)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Five ~ Awkward

Putting the straightening iron back to where it was, I quickly inspected myself in the mirror. Hm. Not bad. Alyssa has a good taste for dresses. I have to say that it doesn't make me look like a normally would-- fat.

I went downstairs and saw Luke and Alyssa smiling at me genuinely. Feeling like a princess, I raised my chin up a little and continued going down the stairs when the heels prepared by Alyssa made me lose my balance. Oh no. Kyaaaah!

Everything was in slow motion. The ground nearing; Alyssa's and Luke's panicked faces; a hand. A hand? My hand? No, it's a little bit hairy. Definitely not mine.

"Are you okay?" I looked up to see Tantan with a grin on his face. Um. This position is awkward.

"Y-yes. U-um.. Thank you," I stuttered. God, why did I stutter?!

'Stop doing that' Hey Winter, finally decided to speak? I have no control over my actions, woman.

"You're welcome, babe," he flashed me his infamous smirk. He steadied me, and grabbed hold of my hand and lead me to Luke and Alyssa.

Just noticing their outfits for the first time, I raised an eyebrow at them. "Why are you guys still in your casual wear?"

"He-heeh.. Tristan was doing his egg project and threw eggs at us when we weren't looking. Yeah.. Hahaa." I gave her a suspicious look, to which she squirmed to.

Luke wrapped his arms on her shoulders, "You go with Tristan. He knows where the restaurant is, we'll just follow behind."

Letting it go, I shrugged my shoulders and smiled, "Fine by me."

We got to Tantan's car when I was about to open the door when Tantan slapped my arm away.

"Ouch! What was that for?!" I glared at him. He just stuck his tongue out.

"Let me," he opened the door for me. Giving him a grateful look, I went inside. As he closed the door, I couldn't help but notice a shadow on one of the branches near the pack house. Weird. To make sure I wasn't hallucinating, I slapped myself. I looked at where I saw the shadow again, but no one was there; nothing was.

"What's wrong with you?" Tantan asked, disturbed. I must have acted like mental!

"Look! Finally, I made my right cheek pink! See?! It's natural; no makeup! Let me do my left cheek too!" I slapped my left cheek.

Gaping at me, we both laughed at the same time. He shook his head, "We better get going now," he turned on the engine as he pulled out of the garage.

We entered this luxury restaurant called 'Night of Passion'. I have no idea why they would name a restaurant like a motel. It's either I'm just green-minded or it's just plain stupid. Tantan held my hand and squeezed it. I gave him a disgusted look and he just rolled his eyes. This restaurant is not bad. Okay, it's actually glowing!

"Whatever happens... Please don't kill me." Weird.

We sat at a vacant table with Luke and Lisa nowhere in sight. Maybe they're just making out somewhere out there.

It's been fifteen minutes, yet there are no signs of that weird couple. Unless they were planning something... I frowned; there is only one way to find out.

"He-" I got interrupted by Tantan's phone. Err, bad timing.

"Hey babe. Where are you?" He stood up and left me. Just like that. Did he just say the word babe?! What?! It'll be like.. incest if he- No. It makes much more sense if it's with Lisa. Wait. I'm going crazy.