Chapter 3- Looks Can Be Decieving

Chapter 3- Looks Can Be Deceiving

Pic on side is of Rachel!!!  Imagine Rachel looking more innocent though...... 

I walked into our new house. It was HUGE. It was also hidden behind a bunch of trees, away from most prying eyes. What can I say? Looks can be deceiving. I walked a few more steps towards the house to get a better view. I gasped when I saw that the house was almost completely made of a material that resembled glass that was so reflective, no one could look through it. The difference between glass and this material was that this material was shinier, shatterproof, soundproof, and insulated. If you view it from a different point of view, it almost looks like an abstract piece of art. I walked up to the house and looked right into the peephole, as instructed. I could only see blurred images through it. It scanned my eyes for a second. Then it flashed green right before the door sprung open.

I screamed in surprise as someone huge tackled me to the ground. I instinctively grabbed that person's arm and flipped them on their back. Swiftly, I pulled out my gun and pointed it at the figure. "Cam?" My former teammate grinned back at me. His soft blue eyes twinkled and his jet black hair was tousled from our fight.

"Surprise?" He said weakly. "Wow, you've gotten way better now."

"Yep," I replied. We all have rankings. 1 is the best. We have 10 people who are called the Supremes. They make up the first ten rankings. I rank number thirteen now, so when I say I fight well, I mean it.

"We'll all attend the school with you, but you're the team leader," he clarified. "C'mon, meet the rest of the team." I expected to see some big, bulky bodyguard, but l didn't expect to see my other best friend, Rachel. I squealed in delight. Rachel and I had lost a lot of contact in the past few months so this would be the perfect time to catch up with her. I ran to her and gave her a hug that would crush a normal girl without special training. She wrapped her skinny arms around me. After a second, I pulled back. I looked into her familiar hazel eyes. She still looked the same, with the perfect copper curls that now reached her thighs. Her skin was vampire white, as though she never saw the sun. She looked extremely tiny and helpless, but it just makes her disguises better.

"We have some catching up to do-," Rachel was cut off by someone clearing their throat.

"Am I interrupting something?" an unfamiliar voice said.

"Hello Captain Obvious," I grumped as I turned toward the voice. A guy with sandy blonde hair stood in front of me. He had midnight blue eyes and he was very buff.

"Last time I checked, my name was Ash Martin, not Captain Obvious, but that might be a good disguise," he replied, revealing his cocky attitude.

"Hi, my name's Sarcastic Sally, you can call me Sal for short," I countered. I didn't like this guy.

"Then instead of Captain Obvious, you can call me Cap for short," he smirked. Just then, Misty walked through the door.

"Hey," Ash said. "My new name is Captain Obvious."

"AAAAH! CRYSS! HE'S HITTING ON ME!! AAAAAHHH!!!" Misty screamed. Yeah, she's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

I wrapped an arm around her. Then I addressed Ash in a whisper, "Misty gets, well, um, easily aggravated if you know what I mean." Then I turned to Misty, who was still bawling. "Misty, calm down, it's olay, he didn't mean it." I heard Ash splutter behind me.

"Yay! I want cookies! Can someone get me cookies?" Misty asked innocently. Everyone gave her a strange look. Yeah, she's weird like that.

"Can we look into the file now for our new identities?" Cam asks. Rachel produced a big binder with all the info about our assignment. She flipped to the identification section:

Crystal Daye: Crystella Knight

Misty Winters: Mindy Summers

Cameron Sun: Camden Libton

Asher Martin: Ari Mentors

Rachel Hayes: Raquel Hamper

"Wow, our fake identities are really similar to our real identities. How cliché," Rachel  commented. "At least it's harder to goof them up."

I scanned through the rest of the info until I reached a section that said TARGET'S FAMILY. I looked into it. There, I saw a family portrait with a tiny blonde woman holding a bundled baby as though it was a sack of worms, a man with a thick handlebar mustache and slick, black hair, and three boys who looked identical except for their expressions. One was smirking heavily at the camera, one had a peaceful smile, and the last one looked slightly uncomfortable despite the carefree grin on his face.

"Ooh," Misty cooed. "Those boys look yummy! I just wanna..." Ash shrunk back and yelled out, "TMI!!" I pulled off a face of disgust, but the triplets were cute. They all had toned bodies and shaggy dirty blonde hair. They were 16, a few months older than me.

"Misty may have a point," Rachel said. Taking in our looks of horror, she quickly exclaimed, "Not like that! We can just hang out with them, they're the same grade as us anyways."

"What about me? I'm still 15," I asked.

Cam replied, "you should be fine. Your birthday is in two months. Then you'll be 16."

We decided to rest, since it was a long day for all of us. A question spontaneously came up though our of Cam's mouth. "Who gets the master bedroom?"

"I have an idea," Misty said. "Let's race! On your mark, get set, GO!!" We all sprinted up the flights of stairs and flew towards the room at the end of the hall. It was no contest. I shot past everyone else, barricaded the door, slammed it behind me, and locked it. I heard the groans of everyone outside the door and smirked. Now, it was time for a good night's sleep. Tomorrow was going to be a long day...