Chapter 5

Catherine's POV
Kara, Niall, and Ed were all waiting for me next to the main doors of the school as I ran down the hallway. I felt my cheeks turn hot.
"Where were you?!?!" Kara exclaimed, whining.
"I-I had to grab my fl-flute. I was going the fast I could." I said out of breath.
I was first flute in marching band and I always had to grab my flute after school in the band room and she knew that! Why did she have to be so whiny about it?
"I'm sorry." I said simply not wanting to fight.
Kara and Ed rolled their eyes while Niall just smiled smally. And we were off.
The ice cream shop was only two blocks away from school, so we just walked. Kara talked the whole way. But not to Niall. Her and Ed seemed to be in a great conversation, leaving Niall and I in the back, walking synchronized. You could tell Ed liked talking to Kara and Kara liked talking to him. I just spent almost all the time listening to them talk. Niall then broke our silence.
"So you play the flute?"
"Yeah. Don't you play the guitar?"
"Yeah....."
And that's how our very musical conversation started. By the time we got to the shop, we still weren't done talking. Finally,
"Guys! Guys, you have to order!" Kara shouted getting Niall and I to shut up and order. After, I sat down with my cookies and cream with hot fudge next to Niall on the far side of the booth. Niall was in the middle of Kara and I while Ed was on the other side. We sat all talking about the impending homecoming game and laughing about how Ed pulled the screws out of the cranky, old, geometry teacher Mr. Master's chair. I was on top of the world. I was having a great time with them, and I couldn't help but notice Niall looking and glancing at me more than at Kara. Sometimes, Niall's beautiful ocean blue eyes would meet my piercing green ones and we would make eye contact for seconds and then we would look away and my heart would drop. No, no I couldn't like him, he was dating Kara!!
When the afternoon was over, we all walked to out houses. They were all 5- 10 blocks away from the shop. First, we walked to Kara's house than to Ed's, leaving Niall and I left. First we just walked in silence.
"Where do you live?" I finally asked.
"Foxburrow Crossings." Niall answered.
"Really? Me too! What street?"
"That's cool! I live on Mayfield Street."
"Oh, I live on Kerry Avenue."
There was another long silence.
"Do you want to come over Saturday? Just You and I?" Niall asked.
I stopped breathing for a second, just to make sure I heard that right and I wasn't dreaming. I wasn't. But should I? He was dating Kara, my best friend.
"Just as friends of course. I have a pool." He continued.
Well if it was just as friends, why not? There was nothing wrong with it. I just probably shouldn't tell Kara though. She might shut it down and plus what she doesn't know won't hurt her.
"Sure!" I answered giddily.
"Great! Is noon good?"
"Yeah."
So I had plans with Niall Horan. We walked the rest if the way talking about our favorite tv shows. Mine is The Office and his is Family Guy. I dropped him off and walked the rest of the way home thinking about my outfit for tomorrow.
------------------------
Finally updated! Btw Kara and Niall's ship name is Kiall and Catherine and Niall's ship name is Natherine. Lol