Chapter 7

Catherine's POV
Our heads twisted towards the gate. Standing there, wide- eyed, mouth open, was the last person I wanted to see. Kara.
"What are you guys doing?!?!?" She repeated.
"Kara, we were just hanging out as friends." Niall says trying to calm Kara down.
"Is that what you were doing? Really?" Kara said, tears threatening to pour out.
"Yes! You know she lives near? Back me up on this Catherine!"
"Yes." I stammered. This was all so surreal. My best friend hated me and Niall would probably stay the farthest possible amount of feet away from me. This was absolutely terrible.
"Cath," Kara said breaking me away from my thoughts,"What did I do to you? What did I do to make you hate me this much?" She said, tears now streaming down her tanned face.
"Kara," I said almost in a whisper,"we were just hanging out. I would never do that to you and you know that. Niall wouldn't either."
Kara's face was still red, but she seemed less mad.
"I should've told you about our plans." I said, trying to make her calm down and understand.
"Yeah." Kara mumbled under her breath
"Can you forgive me?"
"And me?" Niall added.
There was a long silence.
"Uh..... Um....... I- I guess."
And then I ran up to her and hugged her. And thankfully she returned it. Niall ran up to her and kissed her. And she definitely returned that one. They were literally OTP, but I couldn't help longing for that kiss with Niall. I mean..... Just any kiss, yeah that. She stayed with us afterward at the pool. it was still fun, just not as fun as just Niall and I. I felt like a connection with Niall, a feeling that he probably only had with Kara. I couldn't express it though. But I couldn't fight the feeling.