Chapter 1

Reader's P.O.V.

I stood against the counter of the cafe, looking out the window of the small shop at the people who walked by. Their smiling faces made me sulk. "Why do I have to be stuck in here on such a perfect day?" I sighed out, waiting for someone to come in. The shop had been empty apart from the regulars that came earlier this morning, so I was unbelievably bored.

"I need more customers!" I cried out, hiding my face in my crossed arms that lied atop the counter. I really wanted to go the Grand Magic Games this year, but the tickets to get to Crocus during said time are expensive, plus food, a room, and general admittance. Since I barely had enough for the train ticket, it seemed almost impossible that I'd end up going now. Groaning one last time at the quiet atmosphere surrounding me, I went to the back and pulled out the fresh batch of brownies and placed them in the display case.

Just as I was about to give up and go on break, the bell over the door rang and I smiled as two wizards entered the shop, laughing at something they found amusing. The blonde smiled up at me and looked over the sweets, before coming to the cash register.

"Four brownies and a large Jasmine tea." I nodded and grabbed the sweets while starting to brew the tea. He handed over the 40 jewel and then sat down at a table with his friend, not saying anything. The silence once again engulfed me in and I sighed, looking at the empty tip jar. As I went to fetch the tea I heard someone stand to see the blonde mage getting ready to retrieve the drink.

"Here you are sir." I smiled and he grabbed the cup, handing it to his raven-haired friend. He nodded a thanks and dropped some spare change into the jar.

"Are you going to the Games?" The blonde asked out of nowhere, causing me to widen my eyes in shock.

"I was planning on it, but I'm short on cash so I'll be working." I gave a small smile and he nodded, reaching into his pocket and pulling out 500 jewel and dropping it in the jar.

"It's not a lot, but it should be good for the entrance at least." He and his friend headed towards the door, leaving me in complete shock. "However, I expect to see you cheering for Sabertooth." He smirked and I nodded quickly, still processing what has happened.

After they left more people piled in, leaving even more tips after their purchase was made quickly. By the end of the day, I had more than I needed for everything. I closed up the shop early and ran home with my cash, cheering excitedly.

------

"Today's the day." I smiled as I boarded the crowded train, trying to find a spot to sit. Once a window seat was found I enjoyed the ride to the country's capital. I rested my head against the window and looked out, admiring the lovely scenery that quickly passed by.

The train ride ended quicker than expected and I hurried off to find my hotel. Once my room was booked and I placed my luggage away I went out to the streets, deciding to sight see.

"It's so beautiful," I breathed out as I passed by the different stalls taking advantage of the flood of new customers. As I stared at the foreign merchandise of the local shops, I accidently bumped into someone, knocking me down as they stood firm.

"Hey! Watch where you're going." They spat out and I flinched at their booming voice, looking down at my knees.

"I-I'm sorry. I wasn't paying attention and-"

"Oi," The man interrupted, "You're the girl from the other day." He said and I looked up curious. There before me stood the blonde mage that made this whole thing possible. He extended his hand and pulled me up to my feet. I blushed darkly and dusted off my clothes as I continued to stare at the ground.

"I'm so sorry! I should've paid more attention!" I yelled and bowed nervously.

"Hey, calm down, you don't have to apologize." He laughed and I glanced up to see him motioning me to stand up straight.

"Ummm, I... I never thanked you for the money the other day. It's because of you that I'm here." I said shyly and blushed lightly. He chuckled and shook his head.

"It's not a worry. Sabertooth can never have enough fans." He smirked and then stuck out his hand. "I'm Sting though I'm sure you already knew that, and that's Rogue." He smiled and nodded towards his quiet friend who I didn't notice before. I grabbed his hand slowly and shook it gently.

"I'm (Y/n), nice to meet you." I smiled lightly and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear.

"Well (Y/n), it was nice meeting you but we've better be going. Later." Sting waved and his friend followed behind him, turning around momentarily.

"Sorry about him, he can be quite brash." Rogue apologized and I shook my head.

"N-no not at all! It was all my fault after all." I smiled and he nodded, turning back to follow Sting once again. I watched them until they were comepletely out of sight, Rogues voice echoing through my head. "I didn't expect his voice to be so... calm." I whispered to myself.

Shortly after our meeting I headed back to my room and watched as the 1st challenge took place, cheering for Sabertooth as promised.