My Cloud Has No Sliver Lining|Chapter 1

I rolled out of bed as a small ray of sunlight filtered into me and my sisters room. I rubbed my tried eyes and glanced at my at my sister, Jany asleep on her air mattress. our tiny room held one old,wooden dresser, two air mattresses and a ricky desk. A small window was the only light source. Shaking off my drowsiness I opened one of the dresser drawers and pulled out my school uniform, it was a khaki skirt and a button up, ruffled dark purple shirt. Sighing I scooted around the mattresses to the lop sided door that was hanging off one hinge.

The hallway was long and the air seemed to weigh everything down, as if a blanket was draped over everything. The bathroom was at the end of the hallway and as I crept along the warped, dark wood it creaked beneath me. Not daring to breathe to slipped inside the bathroom.

The mirror was covered in grime and dirt. I changed out of my pajamas into uniform surveyed myself carefully. I had a deep a tan from being outside so much and my silky black hair came about a foot past my shoulder. My emerald eyes were framed with long lashes. I applied some eyeliner and smoky gray mascara. Pursing my lips I added cherry lip gloss and concealer. I smiled at myself and exited.

The creak of the staircase made me cringe as I descended down them. Our house was only two stories high, three rooms on the second floor, me and my sisters room, my parents bedroom and the bathroom. The first floor had the kitchen and a tiny living room no one hardly ever went into. When I was little I would pretend we were like the Weasley family in Harry Potter. There were just too many people. As I grew older the reality sunk in that my family was really poor. Yet some how in 10th grade I one of the most popular kids at our school. It was thanks to my best friend Lyn who was crazily rich. So rich that she had bought me a IPhone.

I grabbed my bag off the floor and turned away from the kitchen. I was too ashamed to look. The battered pantry and old stove. The rusty fridge that barely worked, the small warped table, draped in a white sheet. I scribbled a note to my parents telling them I was going to Lyn's house and would walk to school from there.

    The morning was misty. A few weak rays of sunlight broke through the clouds here and there. I breathed out and a puff of what looked like smoke flew out of my mouth. I bundled myself tighter in my soft, new gray hoodie Lyn had bought for me. I adjusted my backpack and lifted one shoulder to even out the weight. My black converse sneakers tudded against the ground in a rhythmic pattern. A gust of wind tried to take my black beanie that said; #hashtag. I had gotten it from Wake, one of my friends. As Lyn house came into view I let out a sigh of relief.

It was six stories high and a actually balcony. It was painted was lavender and reminded me of when Lyn's  and my dad had worked at Candy's Cream.

It was a Ice Cream store only six blocks away. Lyn's dad was manager while my dad was simply employe. They two fathers were buddies and  the me and Lyn who were four at the time became best friends. I have so many memories of us getting ice cream and once I threw mine on Lyn. She says I was different back then, noisy, out going, even funny! Ever since it closed and my dad began working a lunch man at a small college we have gone close to broke. Now I keep that well hidden at school.  A giant company became interested in Lyn's fathers ice cream and he's now the CEO of 'Sweeter Cream' which sells right up there with Hershey's and Krispy Kream.

While all of these was happening my mother found a old women selling handmade doll clothes in a run-down store in a shopping mall. My mother, loving to sew helped this woman make clothes for people and their business took off. Fifty people were working at the old woman's business! They named it "No Show."

As if hope was taunting them, the old lady Susan suffered in a car crash and lost almost all her memories. A women  took over and fired my mother.