Chapter 4. Jean

I had to do it. I had to call him. What if they really do kill me? I picked up the phone and called on the number that the caller gave me along with Casey's.

I froze, remembering the call I got.

Ten minutes earlier

The phone rang. I picked it up. "Hello? Who is this?" "Your future." What?! "Um. I think you have the wrong number. Sorry." "No. The Great Queen is never wrong." "The what?!" "Never mind. Just come to the woods tomorrow night at midnight with Kane Hiccup and Casey Campbell. Your names Jean Brooks, right?" "First of all, WHAT?! And second of all yea. I am Jean Brooks." I was really confused. "Well than do what I say girly."

Present time

He picked up on the third ring. "Yo. The Hiccup residents. Who am I speaking with?" I heard him chew something that sounds like chips.

I hate him.

"Kane. Hi." I monotoned. I heard him choke. "*Sputter*-Wha- JEAN?!" I laughed. "Yes Kane. I need a favor." Now it was his turn to laugh. " And what do I get in return?"

I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. My heart was pounding. I had to do this. Casey will one day find it in her heart to forgive me.

"You get- um- you get..." "Spit it out already!" Kane spat. I sighed. "You get Casey."

----------

"YOU WHAT?!!"

I covered my ears. " Casey! Calm down!" "Calm down?!! You just sold me to the badboy/jerk of the school for who knows what!!" She was screaming in my face in the  middle of the hall at school.

She was still yelling when a crash echoed through the hall. The most popular girl in school I think named Mia Waltz  bolted down the hall, her lapdogs Alaina Snow and B.J. Former, right behind her. 

"OMYGAWD! ITS A DOG!" She screamed. I rolled my eyes. "A dog? Are you kidding me?!"

Moments later, a bunch of kids followed the leader and ran screaming.

I looked down the hall. "Oh. No." I stared, frozen to the spot. A wolf, the size of a person standing on its hind legs, walked into the area.

It's teeth were red with what was hopefully ketchup and not blood. Wishful thinking. They looked sharp. He growled. Kids scattered screaming.

He looked around until his eyes landed on us. He grinned sickeningly. In one hop he was in front of us. He towered over us. He lowered his head to Casey's level.

He grinned. I barfed in my mouth.

"The ones. The ones master ordered me to get. I win!" He stood up again and smirked.

"It-it talks!!" Casey's face was pale. The hall was now empty except for us.

"Who sent you?" I asked bravely, even though inside I was shivering and crying.  He smirked. "Master." "Yeah. That helps. " I rolled my eyes.

He grabbed us with his furry hands.

"Hey! Paws off! This is designer!" I yelled waving at my shirt.

"Paws?!!" He asked, Fury in his eyes. "I am a werewolf! These are clearly hands!" At this, Casey fainted.

"Oh really?" I said trying to be confident, but my voice cracked.  He nodded, before turning into the most beautiful thing ever.

A teenage boy.

With blond hair and foggy grey eyes. My heart dropped and I felt something I never had before. My heart was threatening to jump out of my chest and my stomach had a billion butterflies in it.

"You can stop drooling now." He smirked. My mouth snapped shut. Wait. It was open?!

He smiled. "Who are you?!" I asked in shock. "Your future."