Chapter 7

"Tonight I'll dream while I'm in bed
when silly thoughts go through my head
about the bugs and alphabet
and when I wake tomorrow I'll bet
that you and I will walk together again
I can tell that we are gonna be friends"

-We're going to be friends, The White Stripes

___________________________________________________________________________

*Niall's P.O.V.*

I looked straight into the eyes of the girl I so desperately didn't want to hurt anymore. Her face was a bit paler than usual and she looked as if she would turn around and leave as soon as possible.

"Here you go" I said and handed her the books.

"Thank you" she whispered and made herself ready to leave the room.

When she turned around to leave I saw my last chance of doing something great (A/N see what we did there hehe). I grabbed her arm and stood up turning her around to face me.

"What?" she said looking a bit scared...?

"Ehm... I wanted to apologize" I let out quickly before I had the chance to change my mind and go back to being a coward.

"For walking into me?" she said suspiciously.

"No... For everything" I whispered and I thought I saw something awakening in her eyes.

"Is this some kind of joke? Because I don't find it even a bit fun. Not that you would do it for my fun's sake" she said and looked down to the ground.

"I mean it, I'm serious! I'm really sorry" I said once again.

"Yeah and I'm Marilyn Manson" she said and tried to walk away once again. "Go away Niall"

But this time I wasn't going to let it go. This image I had at school. It just wasn't me! I couldn't live with myself doing this stuff anymore.

"Annie. Wait!" I said. But the moment was lost.

"Damn it" I said earning a glare from the librarian.

"If you going to win her it will take more than that" she said

"Nooo! It's not like that!" I whined and a blush started to form on my cheeks.

"Then what is it like?" she asked suddenly interested.

"Not what you think at least" I snapped and walked out of the library.

When I walked out the door a paper on the floor caught my eye. Annie Richards. Chemistry – The history of the Atoms. Test score: 99/100. Grade: A. Wow. Seems like I'm lucky today.

I picked up the paper from the floor and decided that I was going to bring it to her before school ended today.

*Annie's P.O.V.*

Coming five minutes late to chemistry was no fun. And the worst thing was I couldn't find the test paper that the teacher was going to collect today.

"Damn it" I whispered to myself while searching for it in my books. I heard footsteps coming towards my desk and it made me, if possible, even more stressed.

"Miss Richards do you have your paper" my old chemistry teacher Mrs. Smith said.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Smith but I can't seem to find it" I said and swallowed the lump that had formed in my throat.

"Your last chance to bring it is tomorrow, remember that" she said and walked towards the other pupils.

"Oh no... for fuck's sake" I whispered as she was further away from me.