5 - Interrupted

Warning: This chapter will contain sexual content, even more so than usual.

Lucas was the perfect gentleman. So far he had given me a huge bouquet of roses and pulled out my chair for me.

"You look beautiful," he told me with a smile. I smiled back and felt my cheeks turn pink. All this attention he was giving me was making me nervous.

He ordered some expensive wine, and I found myself becoming more nervous. He really didn't have to be spending all that money on me. It really made me wonder if there was something dark and weird behind his seemingly perfect exterior.

I shoved the thoughts down with a drink of wine almost immediately after the waiter sat it down. Alcohol is always good for soothing the uneasiness that comes along with first dates.

Alcohol is also always good for making you have to use the restroom.

"Excuse me," I told Lucas, pushing my chair out. "I'm going to go use the restroom."

"Is everything okay?" he asked, his forehead wrinkling in concern. I smiled down at him as I stand up.

"Yeah," I answered, smoothing down my skirt. I couldn't tell if the way he was watching me was sweet or creepy. I shook it off and headed towards the bathrooms I had noticed when we first came in. They were down a dimly lit hallway, and just before I pulled the door open, a big hand firmly grabbed my ass. I nearly jumped out of my skin before I turned to face whoever it was who just grabbed my ass.

As soon as I turned around, I was pushed against the wall with hands on either side of my head, trapping me.

"Who in the hell is that?" Brendan questioned me, the emotion in his eyes hard to read. My breathing was still shaky from him surprising me out of nowhere like he did.

"He came in for a hair cut today," I replied, not taking my eyes off of Brendan's. He had told me on multiple occasions that when I stare him down, it turns him on. "He asked me to go to dinner with him, and here we are."

Brendan took a deep breath and took his eyes off of mine, looking towards the floor. He immediately reconnected his gaze, a hungry look in those baby blues.

"I'm gonna make you pay for this, babe," he whispered before attaching his lips to my jaw line. His hands moved from the wall to my hips, restraining me against the wall.

"What do you mean?" I breathed out. The way his hands were gripping me was making it insanely hard to talk, nonetheless think straight.

"You can have all the fun on your little date with Mr. Big Shot, but you're coming home with me. Just like you always do, Stella," he whispered before placing one sweet, lingering kiss on my lips. He walked away, and when he looked over his shoulder just before turning the corner, I thought I might die.  

I attempted to collect myself in the bathroom, but my cheeks were too pink to fix with the cold water. I took a few deep breaths before I made my way back to my table. Lucas was waiting patiently, and it made me feel guilty for what just happened in the hallway.

But I couldn't shake it. I found my eyes wandering to the table Brendan was at with a few of his teammates.

"Are you alright? You seem flustered," Lucas asked, his forehead wrinkling once again. I glanced over at Brendan's table and felt my breathing hitch once I saw that he was staring me down from across the room.

"Yeah, uh, it's just," I fumbled, trying desperately to come up with something. Anything to escape the heat of that restaurant. "I'm not really feeling to well right now. My stomach is a little uneasy."