15;

15; Uncertain

Scott winced as the bullet grazed the side of his ear. The pain only lasted a few seconds as the wound healed and all that was left was the single drop of blood. He opened his eyes unsure of when he had closed them. The gun was still aimed towards his head and he knew he couldn't risk finding out where the bullet hit next.

"You missed."

The guy chuckled dryly. "No, I just didn't kill you. There's a difference."

Scott shifted, eyes darting from his bike to the woods directly to his left. "Then why don't you?"

The gun lowered slowly until the barrel was pointed towards the ground. After a few moments of hesitation, his finger slid off the trigger and Scott let out a breath that he didn't realize he'd been holding. "I want to, but there's someone very close to me that's needs you alive."

They stared at each other for long five seconds. Scott was wracking his brain trying to remember where he had seen him before, while contemplating his escape options. There weren't many.

"So why shoot me at all then?"

His face remained void of any readable expression. "I can't kill you, but I can hurt you. You all heal extremely fast."

Scott's jaw clenched. His first thought was a hunter, but a hunter wouldn't hold back on killing him for anyone. Not all of them share the same code as the Argents do now. "Who are you?"

"That doesn't matter. What does is that you protect Eleanor Paxton. I can't have her in the hospital every other day."

Confusion washed over the alpha. Everything was tying back to El and the sooner he found out why the better. All these unanswered questions and loose ends weren't helping either of them. "How do you know her?"

The guy began to back away, one calculated step at a time. He pointed the gun back at Scott, "don't let her get hurt again or next time I won't just take a bit off your ear."

He got back into the cherry red Camaro and revved the engine. The windows were rolled down arrogantly as he drove past the teenage werewolf. "What's your name?"

"Zach," he spoke just as blankly as before and then he was gone, speeding down the street. Scott had been listening closely to his heart beat and not for a second did it flutter. Either he was telling the truth or he was a really good liar.

Without giving it any more thought he settled back onto his bike and placed the helmet over his head. A force weighed down on his shoulders, heavier than before. He had this feeling that the worst had yet to come and it chilled him to the core.

A dirt path led Scott through the abandoned property until he stopped at the remains of the Hale House

A dirt path led Scott through the abandoned property until he stopped at the remains of the Hale House. It was just as creepily eerie as it looked as he pushed the front door open.