33;

33; Reunited

El squeezed her eyes shut until she saw an array of colors and shapes. When she opened them up again her grandmother was still there.

She was definitely different than the last time she'd seen her over nine years ago. Her brown hair was lightened with streaks of gray and her skin not nearly as ageless. But her eyes were still so young and lively. They were nearly white with the faintest hues of blue.

Am I hallucinating? She thought in a daze. That would probably be the least weird thing to happen to me all week.

"Grandma?" She repeated in utter disbelief.

"Well, look at you! Aren't you a sight for sore eyes."

With arms outstretched in her direction, El immediately ran into her embrace. For a second, a wave of relief washed over her but she quickly reminded herself of where they were. "Grandma, what are you doing here? It's not safe."

The elder women chuckled, "I could say the same to you little one. I was just telling Araya here that I will be taking you home now."

Sitting stoically across from them, Araya said nothing to refute her claims, but the displeasure in her expression was evident. "Come now, we have a long trip back home."

With her grandmother leading the way, El instinctively reached for Scott's hand. He didn't flinch or pull away.

Before he could get both his feet out the door he was roughly pulled back tearing his hand away from El. Kira too stumbled back having been right behind him the entire time. The flurry of movements elicited a deep growl from the alpha that had all the guards in the room pointing their guns at him.

"Let them go," El yelled as she pushed her way back into the room.

Her grandmother tugged at her arm in urgency, "You misunderstood, El. I am only taking you home."

"The lobito will stay with me," Araya stated, attempting to regain her control of the situation.

"They hell he will!" El argued back and felt her anger rising again.

"I would go now, mija, before I change my mind," Araya warned and her grandmother reacted to the threat with an amused expression. "You really do not want to do that, old friend."

"Bring in the banshee," Araya ordered and one of the men exited the room and came back with a trembling Lydia. Tears were streaked down her face and Scott wrestled to be free to go to her side. "Let us listen to the messenger of death and have her tell us who will leave here- alive."

Lydia flinched as she was shoved forward into the center of the room. "Well?" Araya pressed after a prolonged silence.

"I-I don't know," Lydia stuttered.

"Eleanor," her grandmother warned as she too could sense the situation escalating.

El felt her heart quicken in her chest as the men fought to subdue Scott. Only with the use of multiple tasers were they able to force him down onto a metal chair. They snapped metal cuffs around his wrists and ankles chaining him down like some rabid animal. He pulled at them trying to break free but it was useless. Lydia was pushed down onto a chair beside him not uttering a single word or putting up a fight.

"What are you doing to them?" El stressed and pulled free of the grasp her grandmother had on her.

"Nothing you want to witness, mijita. Now, this is your last opportunity to leave, Rose, before I use your granddaughter to my convenience."

"I'm not leaving," El exclaimed and stepped towards Scott.

"You need to go."

Her firm and brave stance faltered as she looked at him in disbelief. "I can't leave you here," she criticized incredulously. Obviously, the electricity from the tasers were frying his brain cells if he really thought she was just going to walk out of there without him.