Chapter 5

*Keaton's POV*

School is finally over. I went outside expecting to see Emily, but she was nowhere in sight. I kept waiting for like twenty minutes, and then I finally saw her going through the double doors.

"Hey cuteness, I was waiting for you." I said, kissing her cheek.

"I know, I'm really sorry if I kept you waiting for too long. Ms Ackermann was giving us the grades of yesterday's test"

"It's okay, don't worry" I would wait for you a billion years if I have to.

"Well then, let's go!" She said.

We walked to my house holding hands, the walk was kind of quiet. I know what you're thinking: why did you hold her hand? How did she react? But with us, it's just different. I can hug her, kiss her cheek or hold her hand whenever I want and it would just seem normal for both of us.

So we finally made it to my place. Wes was playing call of duty with Brianna and Brooke, while my mom was in the kitchen making dinner. My sisters and my mom became really close to Em, since we were like 9. And so did Wes and Drew.

I invited her to the upstairs living room so we could study with no interruptions.

"So where do we start?" She asked me. I was lost in her eyes, I wanted to kiss her so bad. But she wouldn't forgive me. God, she's so perfect I can't quit staring.

She waved her hand close to my face, making me come back to reality. "Uh hello? We need to study!"

"o-oh right! Sorry" I said. How stupid.

"Okay, so... Wold War II was between 1939 and 1945 and it became global in septem-"

"-can I ask you something?" I felt really bad for interrupting, but I needed to know.

"uh... sure, what?"

"wh-who do you like? And why didn't you tell me?"

*Emily's POV*

I was shocked by the question. He obviously heard me earlier today. But what was I supposed to say? I mean, I can't tell him "it's you" and I can't tell him "it's someone else".

"I-I can't tell you..." I said, looking down.

"But why?! I'm your best friend, you can tell me anything!"

"I know, it's just... not that easy" IT'S NOT EASY TO TELL YOU I LIKE YOU. NOT RIGHT NOW.

He sighed. "then... Y-you can tell me whenever you're ready"

"Thanks." I kissed his cheek and then we got back to studying.

"So let me see if I understood: World War II started in september 1st, 1939, it was between 56 countries, more tan 20 million people died and then Hitler made a pact which consisted in-"

I know he was still talking, but I just wasn't listening. The way his lips moved made me want to kiss him so bad. I wish I could look into those beautiful eyes and say "I love you" that easily. But I can't.

I shaked my head as soon as he stopped talking. "Oh, yeah, you're getting better!" I wasn't lying.

All of a sudden, he moved towards me, His face really close to mine. "Baby please tell me what's wrong." I tried to look down, but he lifted my chin softly, making me look into those beautiful eyes that made it even harder for me to make up another lie.

"It's nothing. I-I'm just a little tired" I said. I could have lied better.

"I know you Em, It's not that." we were still so close to each other, his hands protectively placed on my waist. I wish I could close that gap between us and just kiss him already.

"Is it because of what I asked you? You've been acting weird since then" he continued, in a whispery tone since we were so close there was no need to talk normally.

I opened my mouth to talk when Wes walked into the room, we both broke away from the close gap between us and turned to him.

"Oh... Sorry to interrupt but, Em, your sister's downstairs. She came to pick you up." He said it, then left. He must be thinking Keaton and I were making out or something.

"I guess I'll see you tomorrow..." Keaton said,  with depression in his voice.

"I guess so. Uh, good luck on that test tho, I know you'll do amazing" I kissed his cheek and hugged him, then went downstairs to say goodbye to everyone else. The I left, but I knew he wasn't going to forget about the reason of my strange mood today.