Chapter 2

I didn't go to school for a few days. Said I didn't feel good and made myself throw up a few times. To make it seem real.

When I went back to school nothing had changed, Lizzy and Jessica were a bit worried because I hadn't texted anyone while I was out. Too upset.

"Why aren't you eating? Do you still feel sick?" Jessica asked.

"What? uh yea my stomach just hurts a little" I lied.

"oh ok" She looked over at Lizzy worried.

"I think i'm just going to throw my stuff away and go to the nurse. I really don't feel good."

Liar, you just don't want to admit they know something's wrong and you don't want to tell them what it is.

"Oh ok," Lizzy says looking at me trying to figure out what was wrong.

"yea I'll text you later guys." I fake a smile and walk away.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next few days were uneventful. Same thing over and over again. But tonight we have a school dance. Nothing fancy just to let the kids have some fun.

I straightened my hair and put my makeup on.

I looked into the full body mirror in front of me. Analyzing every detail.

Your waist is too wide. Your thighs are too big. Your stomach too fat.

My brain kept listing the flaws, until they were interrupted by the apartment doorbell ringing. The girls were here with their mom to pick me up and go to the dance

When we got to the dance we payed the 5 dollar fee and walked in. Lizzy and Jessica both immediately started talking to other girls from their classes. I stood there for a minute looking around then I walked away knowing they wouldn't be done talking for a while.

I sat my back leaned against the wall on the floor putting my headphones in blasting music. Ever since my parents started fighting and I started having the responsibility of taking care of m younger sister until my mom came home I hadn't been that social.

I leaned my head against the wall, my eyes closed, taping my foot nodding my head a little to the beat of Mama by My Chemical Romance.

I didnt notice that James, one of my closest guy friends sat down next to me.

He pulls my earbud out making me jump and lok at him as he put it in his ear.

"Nice song" He says and smiles.

"Thanks." I said looking at his light blue eyes.

He is so hot. I cant get over his freaking eyes. I've been staring at him for too long he probably thinks i'm a freak.

I look away and tuck a piece of hair behind my ear.

I see him smile a little out of the corner of my eye, and I feel my heart flutter.

He's smiling at me! Maybe he really does like me. No no who would like me?

I frown as I talked myself into being upset again.

James POV:

I sat down next to Paige and smiles a little knowing she didn't see me. I pulled her bud out and smirked as she jumped and i placed it in my ear hearing the song Mama playing through them.

"Nice song" I smiled and looked at her eyes. She is so beautiful. I wish she would see that.

I notice her look away and tuck hair behind her ear and I smile a little thinking how cute it was when she got nervous. Then i furrowed my eyebrows seeing her frown.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I lift her head so she was looking at me.

She pulls away and stands up. As she tucked more hair behind her ear her sleeve falls down, and see the red marks on her wrist. My heart dropped. My angel couldn't be hurting that bad. could she?

She realizes they were showing and jerks her arm down holding them both against her chest.

"So how you doing?" She asks obviously trying to act like nothing happened. But it was too late i already seen them, and she knew that because when I didn't answer she ran out of the cafeteria.

"Paige wait!" I chased after her. She ran into the bathroom and locked the door. I ran to it and hit my fist against the door, then fell down leaning against the door.

Paiges POV:

I jerked my arm down and crossed them across my chest. Please dont see them please dont seen them.

"So how you doing?" I tried to play it off hoping he really didn't see them but i could tell by his eyes he had. maybe he won't say anything and just act like he didn't.

I realized he wasn't going to and I felt my eyes tearing up so I ran. I just wanted away. I locked myself in the bathroom and slid my back down the door crying.