The Substitute Groom

I sit at the altar next to my groom while the pandit goes through the shloks and prayers which pass way over my head.

Richie Rich double crossed me. That's impossible , he doesn't know about the tracking device , how would he double cross me ?

Or did my parents catch a beggar roaming on the streets because of the absence of a groom.

Either way I am dead. Goodbye Hawaai Resort, hello sleeping on streets. I really want to wail out my sorrow but I am in the middle of a hundred people and the smoke is killing me.

Girls never really cry out of grief during parting from their parents, they actually cry due to the after effects of this smoke.

What's the use of having an air conditioned wedding hall if the people getting married sit in front of fire ?

The pandit asks my groom to put the sacred thread around my neck.

What a movie scene it must be ; seems like the rope for the purpose of hanging.

A tear drop falls from my eyes due to the smoke and falls on the hands of my groom.

Just the thing I needed. Sympathy coming through, other emotions please make way.

'' Save that for later'' I hear a whisper.

Did that sound come from my head ?

It was too sexy sounding to be coming from my head. Its not that I don't have a sexy imagination, its just that this smoke won't let me have much of an imagination now.

Did that come from the man sitting next to me ?

Shit ! Yes it did.

And I can clearly say that this man is not Richie Rich, he had a somewhat cute voice not sexy.

So its a beggar from some street whom I am marrying then..

A beggar who speaks english and has a sexy husky voice.

How the hell did my parents allow my marriage with some unknown guy ? I can't sleep on streets,there will be too many mosquitos. He won't even have money for repellant.

Everything is because of my brother, yes he is the one to be blamed. He falls for a girl and wants to marry her now. And according to stupid Indian customs , girls should be betrothed first especially if she is the firstborn.

Now back to my substitute groom.

I don't know who he is , i am getting married to him, i can't run away because i will be caught for sure, i hope that he is good-looking, he has a sexy voice and last but not the least, he just asked me to save my tears for later.

Does that mean he will torture me ?

'' I meant that save the tears for the vidaai ceremony. I won't torture you. I am against domestic violence'' he whispers again, this time while filling my parting with vermillion.

Does he read minds or i was that loud that he heard it ?

Okay I should just calm down and wait for everything to end.

The marriage was carried out peacefully according to the rituals without giving me the slightest opportunity a look of my groom's face.

In our family , the bride and her groom stay at the bride's house for 2-3 days before going back to the groom's house so i shall get sometime to know about the substitute groom.

And currently its 1am and i am watching the people leave my house with happy faces and full stomachs.

And from the mention of stomach, I just remembered that I didn't eat since morning and I am hungry.

And my bitch is missing since my wedding , it would be more appropriate to say that my bitch missed my wedding. I tried to peek through my almost transparent ghunghat and she wasn't there.

Before I can reach my phone to call her, Michelle barges in through the door with a satisfactory grin playing on her lips.

''What are you smiling at ? And bitch, you just missed my wedding. '' I directly come to the topic.

'' Sorry about that'' she apologises, '' but I also did something useful'' she adds.

'' This better be good or I shall kill you with my mehendi smeared hands'' I threaten.

'' I gathered info about the guy you just married'' she smirks...

Thanks for reading. Do vote and comment.