The Runaway Groom

Did he really die or something really bad happen to him? Well if that's the case then I have to cry out a melodramatic 'NO' and then break my bangles and wipe the vermilion on my forehead.

Wait! I can't do that, my bangles are of metal. They won't break.

"Where ?" i ask. Its better to confirm about his death before acting out a drama.

"France. He said that he can't leave his work distorted and stay here, he had only managed the time to attended the wedding." Says Laxman's mother.

Oh ! I guess i just assumed too much. Well, i gotta admit; I am happy that he is alive. I get to meet him. He is handsome ! Well according to what his relatives say. I wish he had a google page or something on which i can get a picture of his face. Once this drama ends, i'll get a check on that. Its the first thing in my bucket list now.

Meanwhile seeing me speechless my mother bursts into crying, although she was already crying but still cries with a lot more energy.

She caresses my hairs and says "Don't worry , we will may sure he returns and keeps you happy."

Yeah Right ! What if he never returns and sends me a divorce notice ? It won't be much of a problem because this was my backup plan in case Richie Rich thinks that he doesn't want to marry his girlfriend.

"Yes, our son will do that. If he takes a responsibility on his shoulders ,he makes sure everything is alright"

I have no idea what to respond to all this, please dear family drama, end soon .

I squint my eyes to have a look at what Michelle is doing and i find her busy with her phone and smiling .

Some lovestory is cooking between her and the phone maybe. Got to find out later because first i have to get rid of my own problems.

I walk to and fro my room to be calm and get a conclusion. A conclusion on whether I want to get rid of Ram or keep him. And the most tragic thing is I haven't even seen his suppossedly 'handsome' face yet. 

'' Checked all social networking sites for the name 'ShriRam Dhanveer' . He doesn't exist '' Michelle huffed. 

'' Maybe he is a not so social person '' I say. 

'' Great discovery, as if i didn't know '' she mocks. 

'' Lets check the wedding video for his face '' 

Why didn't I think this earlier ? 

'' First , the cameraman is gone and second , I think the groom had wore a flower veil attached to his turban so even I couldn't see his face '' she replies. 

Why did she had to be smarter than me ? 

And why do grooms have to hide their face ? 

'' Look, its already 3am. Its the hour of the dead and we are alive . Can i sleep ? '' she yawns and sleeps. 

She made a good point, a tired mind can only think about soft beds , not runaway grooms. I nod and run into the bathroom, change into pyjamas and crawl into the bed which consists of four fluffy pillows, a soft mattress, a velvet duvet and my snoring friend. 

Yeah she snores. Just softly. 

I drift into dreamless sleep because dreams require energy and i am tired.

...............
There is light everywhere, the window screens being pushed by light breeze, my hands are on Michelle's legs and legs on her face. 

I am a free spirit when I sleep, neither I sleep straight nor do i cuddle. I tend to take a tour of the whole bed in my sleep state and usually don't end up at the place from where I started.