Chapter III

The bell rang and that's the second Cage walked through the door. I glared at him from across the room. He gave me a sly smile as he walked towards me. If he wasn't late, I wouldn't have been stuck sitting next to some random guy. He probably only sat next to me thinking I would do all the work, or worse he wanted to talk to me. Cage stood right before the lab table and looked at the guy as if looking at an alien.

"Get up." He said simply. The guy whose name was maybe Tyler just looked at Cage.

"If you wanted this seat you should have been here earlier. Me and River are going to be great Chemistry partners." He said as he glanced back at me giving me a smirk.

"Not happening. Get up, I don't have time for this." Cage said as he stared down the kid.

"Nah everyone knows the first seat you pick is the seat you'll have for the rest of the year." Tyler said not moving.

Cage mumbled something under his breath before stepping closer and grabbing the kid by his book bag before throwing him off the stool.

"What the hell man!" Tyler yelled as he got up from the ground to find Cage already sitting in the stool next to me.

"There's a seat up front." Cage said before turning to me and flashing me a smile.

"Why are you like this?" I asked as I shock my head. Cage can be so stubborn sometimes.

"I couldn't leave you to be his partner. You'd be stuck doing all the work and he would just put his name on it." Cage said rolling his eyes. I watched as he jiggled his leg, bouncing it up and down rapidly. I was used to it, it never bothered me, but it drove everyone else insane.

"Yeah, so basically what you'll be doing?" I joked as I pushed him making him laugh.

"Yeah, but I'm way better looking and plus I'm a good time." He said cockily.

"Sure, you are. You'll probably end up exploding something and burning off our eyebrows." I said as I laughed. Cage is smart be just likes to take things in his own hands sometimes.

"Ah Parker and Moore, it's nice to hear you to already blabbering my class time away." Mr. Pathway said with a stern face. He was mean and he happened to have Cage and I in his physics class last year. To say he hated us was an understatement. He outright despised Cage and me. Not that we were perfect students or anything, but Cage just always happened to bring out the worst in me during class.

"Sorry." I mumbled looking back down.

"I've miss you Robert." Cage said with a smile as he used Mr. Pathways first name. Everyone in the class looked at Cage as if he grown a second head. He was really asking for it.

"Parker I am not in the mood to be handing out detentions on the first day." Mr. Pathway threatened as he turned back to the blackboard starting the unit. He got right into it. He says a day without learning is a day wasted. He never had a laid-back day off class. He was that type of teacher who would give a packet of homework over break.

"This is going to be a long year." Cage whispered to me. A shiver ran down my whole body as his lips brushed against my ear because of how close he leaned over.

"Cage shut it." Mr. Pathway said not even turning around knowing it was still Cage disturbing his lecture. Cage looked over at me widening his eyes.

"This is going to be so fun" He mouthed as he looked at me. He over dramatized each word making him look stupid. He had this sparkle of mischief in his big brown eyes.

"So fun." I mouthed back sending him a wink. Cage let out a chuckle as he hunched over the lab table trying to cover up his laugh with a fake cough.