Chapter 1

The second the mission alarm went off, I was in the Quinjet and ready to go.  It took what felt like forever for the rest of the Avengers to get ready and get in.

Tony was first, and he laughed when he saw me.  "You just can't slow down, can you?"

"Nope!" I said with a smile.  Steve and Thor were next to show up.  I honestly thought everyone looked a little bit ridiculous with their suits.  I normally wear whatever running shirts and shorts I have, or if we're going somewhere cold then hoodie and sweatpants.  They had spangley outfits and long capes and a robo-suit.

Clint, Bruce and Natasha showed up and the back gate closed.  Clint sat down in the front and Bruce and Natasha joined us in the back.

"Kim was first again?" Clint yelled from the front.

"Yeah.  None of you are anywhere near my speed."

"So what's the plan, Cap?" Natasha asked.

"The priority is getting the scepter.  Stark, you'll go in from the top to get a clear view of the situation.  Natasha and Barton, you will head in on the truck.  Thor and I will head in from the other side.  Kim, get as close as you can to the scepter and wait for the cue to get it and get out.  Banner, wait in the jet for the code green"

Everyone nodded.  Ever since SHIELD shut down, we were the only thing left to battle Hydra, and they had to be taken care of before the could use Loki's scepter for extreme destruction.

Clint was about to land the jet when Tony flew off.  I grabbed a gun and a knife from the wall as the gate opened.  Natasha and Clint got onto the truck, Steve got on his motorcycle and Thor started flying.

Once the gate started to close, I took of running.

Everything was so much clearer when I was running.  I could see the flakes of snow on the evergreen branchs and the large, stone building looming over the small town at the bottom of the hill.  Sokovia, I heard somone call it.  

Everyone was slow and I could easily take out anyone in my path with my knife.  I was approaching the building when I was stopped by a wall of energy.  I slammed into it.  I was going at full speed and I didn't see it.  I was knocked to the ground and my gun and knife slid out of my hands.  My comms unit fell out of my ear, and I searched on the ground for it.

I found my knife and gun, but the tiny earpiece was no where to be found.  I stood with my back to the wall and started shooting at all the guards that came my way.  I wiped the blood from my face; my head had taken the impact from the wall.  

That wasn't a big problem right now.  I had no idea when my cue would be, since I had no way to contact any of them.  I could always run to find someone, but finding them would be a setback.

I heard someone to the side and I turned and fired, but there was no one there.  I took off running towards where I heard the noise.  I heard someone running behind me and I spun around.  The person was coming right at me.

I ran at him.  Right before we collided, I tucked and rolled and he tripped over me.

"You have super speed?" I asked him.  This was hardly the time for conversation, but I normally talked a lot at the worst times.  I thought I was the only one with super speed, and I had to get whatever answers I could.  

He came at me again, and I started running.  I heard him following me, and I slowed down the slightest bit so he could catch up.  I felt his fingers brush my back, so I ducked and he tripped over me again.

"I can't believe you fell for that twice."  He started to get up, but I was on top of him.  "I thought I was the only one with super speed, but I guess not.  So what's your name?"

"Why should I tell you?"  His accent was kind of Russian, but not exactly.

"Because I'm trying to be polite.  Are the people who normally break in here rude?  Because you seem absolutely shocked that I'm talking to you like this."

"I think it's more of a fact that you are sitting on top of me."

I was, in fact, sitting on top of him.  He looked about my age and had blond hair with darker colored roots.  He gave off this blue-ish colored glow that was a lot like my gold one that I had while running or shortly after running.

"You could push me off if you tried," I said.  I figured I was staring at him and making this a little awkward.

He did, and I rolled to the ground and stood up before he could.  I noticed a shimmering, and the energy shield was gone.  I was about to run in when I turned back to him.

"You might want to take it slow for a bit."  I took off, and I heard him fall over and swear.  I ran back.  "Because I handcuffed your ankles.  And you didn't notice."  Then I ran into the building.  I weaved through the hallways until I found Steve.

"You're here?"

"Yeah, my comms set broke when I hit the energy wall.  And there was this other guy.  He had super speed."

"We know.  There's another one, a girl, somewhere.  Keep a watch out for both of them."

"I handcuffed the guy's ankles together.  It'll keep him busy for a bit."

"Why did you bring handcuffs?"

I shrugged.  "Why not?  Do you need me to go find the scepter?"

"Stark has it.  Head back to Natasha; Barton got hurt and they might need your help."

I nodded and ran out of the old building and through the woods towards the clearing where we parked the jet.

I would find out that guy's name.  I will find out how he is as fast as me.

I will see him again.