Chapter 8

I couldn't decide if it was silver or blue.  It was almost a mix of the two, but not quite.

"Hey?  You okay?"

I sat upright.  "Where am I?"  I looked at the source of the blue-silver glow.  "You saved me?  I thought you were working with Ultron," I asked Pietro.  I was having trouble thinking straight without everyone switching sides.

"I don't have much time to explain.  We have to go help your friends," he said as he gave me a hand up.

"What happened?" I asked.  "How long was I out?"

"Not very long.  My sister saw you falling and I ran over.  I couldn't catch you before you hit the water, but we pulled you out."

"Where's everyone else?"

He shook his head.  "I don't know.  But we have to go."

"Where?"

"Ultron's on the train."

I nodded as we took of running.  "Train fight.  Never done that before, but it should be fun."

Pietro glanced at me.  "Fun?"

I laughed.  "I have an interesting sense of humor.  Like those handcuffs."

He laughed too.  "I have those with me.  Just in case they'll come in handy sometime."

"Exactly!  You just never know!"  And a little part of me was like aw, he kept my handcuffs.  Sounds kind of creepy, but it was mostly cute.

When we finally caught up to the train, I jumped right on.  I looked down the hallway, Steve and Ultron would probably be in the last one.  It just seemed like the perfect spot for a train fight.  When I got down to the end, I was right.  Steve wasn't doing so well on his own, so I jumped right in.

I was never one for following what other people were doing during fights.  I ran and punched fast; it's what I do.  I honestly don't care how other people fight as long as they're doing well.  If they don't and they start failing, then it just become problematic for me because I have to stop my fight and go bust them out of trouble.

Fortunately, we were all fighting the same person so it was easier for us to work together, until Ultron left the train and the train began spiraling off course.

"People," I shouted to Pietro.  "Race you!"  Then I ran off the train and began moving the people out of the way.  I could see the blue blurs next to me moving people too, and we were able to get all the people out of the way.

When we were done, I was up and ready for whatever was next, and Pietro was sitting down, taking a breather.

"Stand up," I said.  "It helps open the airways.  I can get you a superfast treadmill so you can stay in shape if you're really on our side now."

He laughed and stood up.  "You ok?" Wanda asked him.

"Yeah, I just need a minute."

Wanda went off and began talking to Steve.  I turned to Pietro.

"So you're good guys now?"

"My sister saw Ulron's plans to blow up the world."

"Yeah, that would change my mind too."

"We have to go now," Steve said to us.  We both stood up.

"Where to?" I asked.

"Back to New York."