This Can't Be Real~ One Shot

Connie's POV

"Steven! Don't do that!" I exclaimed. We were sitting by the beach. It was unusually quiet and empty. Steven then extended his arms towards my torso. My tickle spot. An obnoxious laugh escaped my mouth. I couldn't control my boisterous laughter. I then leaned forward into Steven to tickle him back. I then touched his waist then he laughed. But the laugh was unnatural. It seemed...forced. He's acted this way since he returned from being abducted by the homeworld gems. He seemed odd...well more than usual. But I've ignored this since he's still the Steven I've always known and loved.

"Hey Connie, wanna see this cat video I found?" He asks. "Sure!" Cat videos were always my favorite, and I loved that he knew that. He took out his phone then played the video. It was a fat cat getting stuck into the toilet. We laughed, my body moving around. I repeatedly slap my knee. But my arm had slipped and knocked Steven's phone into the water. My eyes widened as I felt shock coursing through my veins. "I-I-IM SO SO SO SO SORRY STEVEN! I PROMISE I'LL PAY EVERYTHING IN RETURN!" But he didn't react. I just stood there, as if in a trance. "Um...Steven..." I then tapped his shoulder, he flinched at me. "Hmmm? Oh uh...Yeah. LETS GO TO THE BIG DONUT!" He exclaimed. "But aren't you mad that I knocked your phone into the water?" I asked. "Well am I supposed to be?" I felt a flush of red painted my face. He stood up then lent his hand to me. I took it then we ran to the Big Donut.

We opened the door. Lars and Sadie were facing each other, laughing and talking. "Hey Guys!" Steven greeted. They didn't notice him. "He said..." I whispered. "HEY GUYS!" I said, I think it ended up sounding rudely. They both snapped they're attention to me. "Oh uh...Hey Connie..." Sadie muttered. Lars then turned to Sadie. "What should we do?!" Lars whisper-yelled. "Just act normal" Sadie answered. "What do you want?" Lars retorted, looking back at me. "One hazelnut donut for me and..." I then looked at Steven. "What do you want?" Lars and Sadie looked at me. Lars' glared at me with disgust. While Sadie stared at me with concern. "I'll have a chocolate donut with rainbow sprinkles!" Steven chirped. "Did you get that?" I asked them. "No w-" Lars was interrupted by Sadie. "Of course!"

"We'll just get his regular!" Sadie explains to Lars in a whisper. She then gets her tongs. She uses the tongs to get my hazelnut donut. But Sadie got Steven the wrong donut! "UH SADIE! HE ASKED FOR A CHOCOLATE WITH SPRINKLES! NOT A VANILLA WITH CHOCOLATE SPRINKLES!" I snapped. "Oh! Sorry! I'll get it!" Sadie responded. "No never mind. I lost my appetite." I then dragged Steven's arm to the outside. We ran to the front of Steven's house.

We sat down, indian position, on the porch. "Sorry about that...I don't know what got into me." I apologized. "It's okay, I know you didn't mean it." Steven says. "But there's just...something missing. It's just something feels wrong." I hung my head in sorrow. "Steven..." I paused to look up to him. My eyes were watering, but I didn't know why. "What's wrong?" Steven then looked at me. His lips were pursed and he sighed. I then looked at him. He gently turned my head with his hand to face him. He smiled. Steven leaned forward. And our lips collided.

I was in a state of shock. My eyes were wide. My heart couldn't beat. But I felt...safe. Yet...different. But memories started to flood my mind. My emotions were everywhere. I was crying and mad. But I realized something. Something repressed and hidden in the depths of my mind. Something that HAS ripped me apart. I broke our kiss. "You're not real..." I uttered. Steven's eyes widened. I continued to cry. I closed my eyes. I wasn't able to breathe. Too much wheezing. I opened my eyes. But my mood had gone darker.

I was back in reality, no more in my dreams. I was sitting in front of Steven's gravestone. The memory saddening me. He returned to Earth after he was abducted. But badly injured. He was losing too much blood. And his healing powers stopped working. He wasn't saved. So I ran away. I couldn't handle it.

A light was flashed in my face. I covered my face from the light. "Finally! There she is! Get her!" A deep feminine voice alerted. A voice I could recognize immediately. My mom. Suddenly, armored men grabbed my arms. They carried me to a black van. "Where are you taking me?!?!?!?" I screamed. My mother then looks at me with sad eyes. "To Asylum de Ark in Empire City." What does that mean? "Connie, we're taking you to a mental asylum. And it's for you're own good."