Chapter 17

Stef's POV

"Let's watch a movie." I suggested that night.

Lena and I had moved her in that day, and we were now laying on our new bed in front of the crap TV that I used to have in my room.
I brought it down to Lena and I's living space so that we could have at least something to watch in bed.

"What movie?" Lena asked.

"Doesn't matter." I smiled. "I just wanna take advantage of this beautiful home we have with this beautiful bed and this beautiful TV in front of it."

"Beautiful TV?" Lena laughed. "This TV is a piece of shit. Remember last time we tried to watch a movie?"

"Yeah, but we ended up having a pretty good time that night if I recall correctly. And it's all thanks to that piece of shit over there." I said, pointing at the TV.

Lena laughed, and we picked out a movie.

Once we were a little bit into the movie, I heard someone coming down the stairs to the basement.

"What the heck?" I said to Lena. "People are supposed to knock before they come down."

I got up off the bed and walked to the main room.

"Hey Stef." Cole said to me once I saw him.

"Cole...what's up? What are you doing down here?" I asked.

"Just getting my video games. I'm moving them up to my room." He answered.

"Ok, well can you knock before you come down here next time bud?" I said, trying not to be mad.

"It's my house too." He defended.

"I know, but this part of the house is Lena and I's." I fought back. "It's just like I don't go into your room without knocking."

"But this is the basement." He said, raising his voice.

"I understand that Cole. But now, this is where Lena and I live."

"Well that's not fair!!" Cole suddenly yelled.
Then he ran up the stairs without looking back.

I walked back into the bedroom, where Lena was now sitting on the bed.

"What was that about?" She asked.

"He's probably just mad about us living here." I stated.

"Well I got that." Lena replied. "Did your mom ever talk to him about it?"

"Probably not."

"Well then you should." She suggested.

"Why? He's fine. He's just-"

"He's not fine." She interrupted me. "He's young. He clearly doesn't understand that this is yours and my space now, or why that is. Someone needs to just sit down and explain. And I think it should be you."

"But why? He'll figure it out eventually." I said, getting back into the bed.

"Stef, I want you to talk to him."

"Ok. I will. Do you want to be there too?" I asked.

"I think it's best that it just be you and him. I don't want any hard feelings between Cole and I...he's already iffy about me."

"What? No he's not!" I clarified. "He really likes you!"

"But he clearly doesn't like that I'm living here." Lena pointed out.

"Ok. I'll talk to him him tomorrow." I smiled.

"Thank you, love." She said, kissing my nose and lying down next to me.