Chapter 3: The cat has claws

Destiny's POV: 

"Erik stop!" I laughed pushing my brother away. But he continued to sing loudly. "Erik!" I laughed. 

"SWEET CAROLINE!" He sung louder.

"BUM BUM BUM!" We both sung together and laughed hysterically.

"ERIK LOOK OUT!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. But it was too late.

"Destiny!" I shot up to meet the worried eyes of Emorie.   

"Sorry... I just.. ermm" I wiped my face off.   

She cocked her head in confusion for a second, and a look of realization flashed across her face. 

"Oh my god." She whispered. "You still get them."   

I gulped, "Get what?" I asked. Although I knew very well what she was talking about.   

"The terrors. The dreams." She said. "You said they went away! You said you were fine!"   

"I AM FINE OKAY?!" I yelled. "Sorry... I just, I am fine. I don't get them anymore I just had a freaky dream." I lied through my teeth. I didn't need her worried about me.   

She didn't look fully convinced but she thankfully let it slide.   

"Now get changed, you have dance." She said.   

A groan ripped through my dry throat and I took a sip of water that immediately soothed the dryness.   

I did still get them. The nightmares.   

My brother, Erik was killed in a car accident and I was with him. I would dream about it. About him. I told Emorie they had stopped, but they didn't. Erik was so full of life, so happy. With so much to live for.. There was a time when I thought that it should have been me that died.    You see, this is one of the reason's I had to leave. My parents could care less. Ever since then, they look upon me with disappoint ment dripping in their eyes. They only care about Lillian, my younger sister. 

I've also got Matt. My insane ex boy friend who tries to corner me in every way possible. I swear he will rape me if I am in a room alone with him. I have always been a bit of a rule bender... No drugs or alcohol or anything like that! I've always been clean, nothing like being arrested or anything.. I just didn't like being told where to go and what to do. 

You see, I had to leave. Don't get me wrong, I had a pretty good life... It just wasn't the one I wanted.   

I slipped on a sports bra and sleeveless t shirt along with lululemon cropped leggings and dance shoes that Emorie had bought from walgreens literally five minutes before I got up.    We'll see how this  goes.....  

************

"Hope you can keep up newbie.." Alex smirked at me.   

"What was that?" I cupped my ear. "I'm already a bit ahead of you I couldn't hear you.. Why don't you catch up and finish whatever it is you were saying." I smirked back at Alex. Oh, I could play the bitch next door. I could play that game all day.   

Her expression hardned and she scoffed. I heard Lucy hold in a laugh and when Alex walked away Brooklyn said, "you got guts girl."

    "More like no tolerance." I responded. 

We entered the studio with Jai and he began to show us extremely hard coreography.  Oh Jesus.. There was no way I could do this...  

"Okay, so from the top- let's try it!" He said.