[ ten ]

[ ten ] 

-

[ luke ] 

"Richard," I said in my best attempt at a girly voice. "I need you to do me a favor."

And he sounded like there was nothing he liked more than listening to his girlfriend Apple Rose's voice. "Yeah," He quickly agreed before even bothering to ask what I wanted, "Anything for you, ma chérie."

I found myself rolling my eyes at him. Why would Apple Rose date a guy like that?

"Remember those tickets you got me, for the world cup?" I said into the phone.

"Mhm." He replied.

"I'm going to need you to help me sell them so that I can get three more tickets of less value. I invited three other friends to come along and I want us to all sit together." I was assuming that most of the tickets were sold out, especially the better seats, and if we wanted tickets, we would probably have to sit somewhere towards the back. I hoped there would still be tickets.

His response to my request came moments later. "Don't worry about that. I'll ask some of my team mates if they have extra tickets because we were each given four. I'm sure we can work something out. The one thing I can't help you with is to book a room for your friends. They'll probably have to stay in the same room with you and your family. Is that okay, love?" The way he sounded so cheerful and polite slightly annoyed me.

But I kept it to myself and pretnded like I was a polite American girl. "Yes, that's fine. Thank you Richard!"

I would have to ask Apple later what she called him, as a nickname, or there would be a chance he might get suspicious.

When I returned to my hotel that morning, Mrs. McCartney was having breakfast by herself. She huffed angrily from the kitchen of our suite when she saw me walk past the front door. "Where were you all morning young lady?" She asked.

I shrugged. "Just went out for a quick walk."

Now that I had spent about two days as a girl, an American girl, I had found the accent was a bit easier to pull off. Though I sometimes would go back to speaking with my Australian accent.

Seemingly annoyed that I had gone out without letting her know, Apple's mom said to me, "Hurry up and eat so you can shower before we go. You're posing for the cover of Shout magazine today." Shout was a popular teen magazine in the UK. "I wasn't too fond of those punk boys, but appearing in their music video opened up the doors for you. Hopefully you can get a few roles on tv shows too. Being an actress is what you've always wanted."

"Right." I offered her a fake smile.

"If you behave at this photoshoot, I'll cancel all other appointments while we're in Brazil." She made an offer that caught my attention. She probably thought I had been acting too difficult lately. When I raised my eyebrow at her, she added one thing, "Except that series of Cartoon Network commercials you're set to film with Neymar Jr. Being seen with him will really help you get out there. It must mean they really liked you since they could have gone with any Brazilian model, but they chose you." She commented with excitement.

Crossing my arms over my chest, I rolled my eyes at her, "Of course."

Even though I didn't want to film any commercials while being in Apple's body, it was a deal I was willing to make.

-

Two hours after I got back from the press conference with Apple Rose and the boys, I was at a photoshoot for a teen magazine aimed at girls. 

From the moment we arrived, I wanted to leave. 

The stylists were tugging on my hair to get it into different hair styles, spraying all kinds of things into my hair that got me light headed, and the dresses they had me wear were too short for my comfort. But I had promised that I would behave if I didn't want to film anymore things during the summer, so I stayed quiet.

The photographer had me stand in strange poses, which I wasn't used to. And various times I ended up falling over because of the high heels they had forced me to wear. Eventually, they realized I needed flat shoes and allowed me to wear them for the pictures.

I was thankful that I had already taken promotional pictures and had photo sessions with the band, and that made it less uncomfortable seeing people watching me, fixing my outfit, and other things. The one thing that did make me uncomfortable was that these pictures were by myself when I normally took pictures with my mates. And all eyes were on me in that photo studio, which made me more nervous when it came to posing.

When the photoshoot ended, it was early afternoon, and Apple's mom grabbed my hands in hers with a smile. "You were great out there, sweetie. And you look lovely." She said proudly.

There was too much make up on my face for my liking, but I knew I had to keep that to myself if I wanted to be free during the summer in Brazil.

"Now go change back into your regular clothes." She urged me, the smile still clear on her face, "We're going to get some lunch and then we have to go back to the hotel to pack our things. Our flight leaves for Brazil tonight."

I nodded and went to go change out of the dress I was wearing. 

I would have to find a way to break it to her easily that I had invited five seconds of summer on our vacation with us.

-

the first update in like a year. thank you to those of you who still read this bc i often still get votes and comments on this story. i will try very hard to post updates more often. thank you for reading and supporting me. it means a lot.

-clary xx