Part Five- The Right, The Wrong and Us

I just couldn't wait to upload. So enjoy!

The clinking of the heavy metal weights filtered through the music playing in my head phones. If not for a tap on my shoulder, I would’ve continued.

‘Hey man’ I looked up to Declan standing awkwardly above me. I put down the weight and turned off my music, swinging my legs round so that they were planted on the ground in front of me.

My jaw clenched and I looked up at him, waiting for him to say whatever he wanted to. When he started scratching his head and looking around awkwardly I went to go back to lifting weights when he stopped me.

‘Look, I don’t know what happened yesterday… but we cool yeah?’

I looked at him, and he seemed to be struggling with this seemingly genuine like half apology. I sighed and nodded at him, the tension that lingered in the air immediately dispersed and he smiled in relief.

‘So hey man, when you’re done here, wanna come down and watch Fast Five?’

‘But that’s just barely come out in cinemas…’

He chuckled before answering me, ‘Yeah, some kid Kenny, year 8 I think, has connections. He’s always getting us early release DVDs’

‘Oh, alright, I’ll go shower quickly or something then head down.’

He nodded and turned to head for the door, while I put back the weights I had been using. The thought of the fifth fast and furious movie was oh so tempting, so I jogged back to my room and I was done in about five minutes. It was kinda hot so I just chucked on some khaki shorts and a short sleeved white t-shirt.

By the time I reached Declan’s room the whole gang was there, the lights were off and he invited me in. It was a weird way to be spending a Wednesday afternoon, but I had 4 free periods today, and I’m guessing it was the same for the others, or they were bunking lessons.

Everyone hushed as the movie began, only for the door to open seconds later. Heads snapped towards the door in unison and a rose tinge stained her cheeks as she blushed at the glares from her brother’s friends. Ally obviously was trying to supress the blush, but her face betrayed her. An audible gasp left her mouth as she glanced over to where I was, and her little lap dog entered the room behind her.

I don’t think Declan knew what happened yesterday, but he obviously knew there was tension between me and his little sister.

‘Erm… Ally, why are you here?’

‘I invited her’ one of Declan’s friends, Kai I think, replied

‘Yeah. I didn’t realise he was gonna be here’ Matt was the one who spoke, glaring in my direction

‘Well I came here to watch the movie, so you can stay or leave, don’t really matter to me,’ I made it clear that my statement was directed to both of them. Ally tried to muster a glare towards me but it morphed into a guilty grimace and she turned to Matt, unsure what she was supposed to do.

On the other hand, Matt seemed to ignore me, and lightly grabbed Ally’s arm, pulling her to sit on the opposite side of the room. After everyone settled- again- and started the movie again, I felt like I was being watched, and turned to see that douche, Matt glaring at me, from behind Ally. His stare was unnerving, but I didn’t back down, staring back at him.

This went on for about ten minutes, when all of a sudden the image of Squealer from Animal Farm popped into my head. It was just too funny, and I tried to suppress the laughter but it failed miserably. Matt was staring at me, seemingly infuriated, and I burst out laughing like some idiot.