Chapter 7

Makenzies Pov*

I walked home just thinking. Does he really think he can stop whats been building up for weeks? I mean seriously we just don't mix! I don't even know why he wants to be friends with me, he was fine before he even knew I existed. I was just really stressed so when I got home I called my best friend.

"Hey Kenz! What's up?," Gabi said in her normal tone

"Nothing much just got home from Cole's," I responded

She immediately knew something was wrong so I just explained everything to her

"Why aren't you giving him a chance," she asked

"What? A chance to embarrass me."

"You never know what can happen! It might end up well! And if it doesn't, who cares, you've always been the one who doesn't care what anyone thinks of you. Why is it all of a sudden changing?"

That's when I realized she was right. I shouldn't care! I mean that's the strategy I've been using my whole life.

"Your right, thanks Gab, I know I can always count on you" I said sincerely

Okay well then I'll talk to you later byeeee," she said way too fast

"Hold up what's going on with you? You've been acting encouraging and you haven't said anything smart or sarcastic. That only happens when your in a reallyyyy good mood. What happened?"

Then she explained to me that she did the same with Dana. She went to his house and started working on the project. Turns out they really hit it off! Thats why she's giving me all that give him a chance crap. But I listened anyway because I liked seeing her like this I just have to give Dana that "break my best friends heart" talk if they start dating.

I hung up the phone with a smile on my face because of Gabi's story. Then I heard my phone ring.

Eric:

Look for me tomorrow. Trust me I'll change what they think.

That happened over a half hour ago he must still be thinking of it. I went to bed insanely nervous because of what might happen tomorrow.

*Next Day*
I walked into school the next day not knowing what's gonna happen. I was honestly avoiding Cole, not looking for him and I was dreading seeing him in any of my classes. But I was shocked to see he wasn't showing up to anything. I knew I shouldn't have given him a chance! He tells he's gonna change it all but then doesn't.

I was walking to lunch and I saw him, he looked happy to see me

"Look who decided to show up" I said clearly irritated

"What do you mean I told you to come look for me and you didn't. I was in the janitors closet this whole time trying to figure this out. The only reason I asked you to look for me was because I didn't want to do anything you didn't want me to. I wanted to work it out together," I don't know why but when he said together I got this funny feeling.

"Well how was I supposed to know you were in a janitors closet?" I asked but then I realized I'm being kinda rude, "Sorry I'm just a little nervous"

Then I spoke again "Well then what's the plan, pretty boy?"

" Number one: I have no idea, Number Two: You think I'm a pretty boy?, and Number three: you can only call me that if I can call you something." He said with a smirk

"And what would that be?" I asked and smiled

"You'll find out later" and with that he just left

I thought we were supposed to be coming up with a plan. I just laughed and waited for Gabi to come.

*Later on*
The bell rang signaling it was time to go home. I was walking out of my school and just as the sun light hit my face I heard a familiar voice.

"Hey Love, need a ride?" Cole screamed from a few feet away

I ran to him and said "So that was the name?" He just smiled at me and opened the car door for me

Once he got settled in the car I turned to him, "You know the only thing they're gonna think is that we like eachother..."

He then turned back to me "And why is that so bad?"

After that we rode to my house in silence but it was a comfortable silence

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
LONG TIME NO WRITE
I HOPE YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER I TRIED MAKING IT LONG
VOTE
COMMENT
SHARE
Smile because ily💕